Nissan Trailseeker #4 Hakahana

corriekuilder

I sort of agree with Spinnekop to a point if you are capable of being ahead of me and you're on your bike riding a technical section at a pace that suits your technical ability you have all the rights. But you forfeit these rights as soon as you start walking then my expectations are that you will get off the trail to allow me to pass, if I'm riding, provided that you are capable of doing so. To Rouxtjies point, that latter proviso means that both of us have to apply some common sense.

I must add that at my end of the field ( i.e the back) these issues are few and far between and the hikers generally have no problem giving way to a rider. I suspect that most of them let me past in the hope that they get a view of me seeing my gat, I've even had one guy ask if I would wait until he has switched his Gopro on before I take on a section!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You haven't done Hakahana at all? Like in neva eva? 

I think you'll get passed a lot come tomorrow. Good luck and enjoy.

Sadly it is my first time, never realised how close the place is to home.... so i will most definitely be making it a regular ride spot.

I really don't mind getting passed. I am only racing against myself and to have fun!

mmmmm 

just another point of view here. See the sections people walk are normally rocky and steep...yes. Well for the most part it is. It might be impossible for the person dismounting to walk off the trail as in physically. 

If its really all about riding and not time...wait till someone has cleared / walked down a certain piece and then hit it....you are not at the sharp end anyway so waiting another 10 or 15 seconds until the person has cleared the piece won't be a big deal and they were there before you...it is a race afterall, its up to you to pass, not for them to move. If your tech skills are as good as you think you will probably be able to pass them easily anyway.

That is a damn good point you have there about the rocky, steep sections. Understandably, if there is nowhere to go, I don't mind waiting a little bit. There is no choice in that kind of situation, but those kinds of sections are extremely rare in this series. Most bottlenecks happen when there is a bump in trail.

As for passing or being passed, either way, I don't mind the challenge of taking a crazy line to overtake in technical bits, as long as I wont fall and take the other rider out with me. If I am gonna do something stupid, I'll pay the price alone preferably.

And when I am being passed, I will give space when it is safe for me to do so and I hope the other riders will do the same.

Sadly it is my first time, never realised how close the place is to home.... so i will most definitely be making it a regular ride spot.

I really don't mind getting passed. I am only racing against myself and to have fun!

Hence my earlier question, are you riding the Marathon?

What is the steep climbs we will encounter at Hakahana? At the Spring Eqstra classic there were some steep rocky sections of 12 to 14% gradient.

Hence my earlier question, are you riding the Marathon?

Again... Sadly not. Sorry, I missed that one.

I entered all the races at the beginning of the year and didn't have the confidence for the Marathon distance. But I regret it now. Next year will be full on marathon all the way.

Why do you ask?

Edited by WarriorMTB

Any marathon entries going spare?

Was convinced I had entered but must have dreamed it - aargh!

Will pay in rands or beer

So, warriormtb, how many dirt roadies did you embarrass with your god-like technical skills?

Don't be shy, put up your time so we can see!  

Were your prayers for riders to part like the red sea for you, answered?