Nissan Trailseeker #4 Hakahana

corriekuilder

Correct - so your seeding is not affected by 'cheaters'. However, the 'cheaters' obviously receive a far better index for this race than what they should have. So, their index/seeding will come down. And in the next race they will start in a batch they should not be in. The result.... Holding up stronger riders

So then it is fair to say that, yes, it does affect your seeding. Perhaps not the actual number, but rather the weight your seeding hold against others.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. So it seems I found some daylight "cheating" in the marathon race. I'll be reporting these individuals.

Strava is your friend. :whistling:

Name and shame here...

My Garmin only registered 54kms and I expected 61kms. I see that others also recorded 54kms. Did I miss a section somewhere? If so, I should DNF myself as well.

As for those cheaters, well done! You managed to show all your strava mates (I doubt that you have any other mates) that you are really good at... nothing.

I know I shouldn't care... they are mostly cheating themselves. But it does mean I get seeded in lower batches and have to deal with more bottlenecks.

It is also that same attitude that typifies all that is bad with our country, like corruption.

Did anyone get a reply from Adventurance? This is a CSA/UCI sanctioned race and the organizers and participants agreed to participate by those rules.

If Adventurance don't reply then can we take this up with CSA or maybe we just go to the sponsors?

• 1 month later...

Come and have some fun everyone...as you can see all bikes welcome, there's even a HT class  :thumbup:

Awesome vibe afterwards too, so come ride and hang out a bit...

post-24697-0-96143700-1448270571_thumb.png

• 1 year later...

Necro'ing an old thread.

I'm not a regular forumite here, but do visit from time to time.  Saw some notifications in my inbox about this old thread, and boy, did it bring back memories!

For me Hakahana is still the hardest Trailseeker I've ever done.  While I like the current Trailseeker trails, I do miss this one.  A toast to the Hakahana, I wish I could walk out your cramps again!