[Event] 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

strange people are allow to ride twice, yet some of us struggled to get in firsss time

Why, 35000 people on the route is 35000 people, one guy cannot be on the route twice at the same time. But extra people would add to the 35000 limit, so if event is limited to 35000 people does it matter is some people do it twice?? 

Had a great Ride Saturday with SSC, they were pushing quite a tough pace and I rushed out the house without some munchies, was feeling low batteries when hitting Chappies, luckily G32 energy dudes were there, had a chew and one of their bars and that got me home.

We glad you enjoyed it. Hope to see you out with us again this weekend and the following. Thank you and safe cycling.

Edited by Ssc Cape Town

The second lap's money I see as a Donation.

a Donation to charity

For which I want nothing in return

They really can issue donation certificates for people paying the second lap to enable them to qualify for a tax deduction in term of Section 18A of the Income tax act.

It is after all "contributions" towards a Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) and all cost for the event can be recovered from your first entry?

You do not have to do it, vote with your wallet.

If you were to fall during second lap must the just leave you there? If you need the bathroom? You are getting a service, pay for it.

Edited by Pure Savage

So this is my first full CTCT having done the shorter ride last year.

I have an 8h48 start time and was worried about the heat. What time do the charities go off and is it too late to join them?

So with a seeding of 6.19 Can I ride it 4 times? Seeming 6 fits into 29 a few times[emoji1]

Hahaha, that's exactly 100 laps for me. :ph34r: Don't think the legs will be to keen on that one.

Edited by Spoke101