[Event] 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you buggers with your sub 3  bla bla blaaaa..

i will be attempting a sub 4h30.  hopefully 4h00 in 6B,  (thats 08h44 for you racing snakes)

with with my 29er knobblies pumped to 3.5bar  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :w00t:  :w00t: 

goodluck man....

I know most of us are taking Guns to this Gun Fight, enjoy your Knife and hope you meet your goals :thumbup:

With no Vet groups, will 1A be full of VA, VB, etc riders? I've been slotted in 1A because of a fairly good 94.7 time but a bit concerned that I will be a bit out of my depth. I've never raced vets, just a couple local JHB races in A batch. 

I am keen to go sub 3 but don't want to be blown out the back right at the start. Any suggestions - should I go back a group or two?

I would suggest that you drop back a bunch, as there are quite a few Elites who normally race with the Pro’s in the 1A bunch. So I wouldn’t worry about the vet’s worry about us :ph34r:  because we on a mission to catch the $ batch :whistling: .

So those how are aiming for sub 3, how does your training looks like for the rest of the week?

I had good hard training sessions this past weekend.

Rest yesterday

This morning I had a lekker easy spin session on my roller in front of the TV.

Not sure what to do tomorrow morning, and on Thursday we leaving

Did a good tempo 60km ride this morning on the MTB with my normal road group. This included a few short 20-30sec big efforts and a nice hard 5min pull to end it off. Legs are feeling good but tired after this morning. Rest of the week will be rest tomorrow, easy 1hr on Thursday, rest Friday, easy 1hr Saturday.

As for stocking up for the second lap I'm gona just wing it. Will refill my bottles at the finish and go.  

Edited by Spoke101

I would suggest that you drop back a bunch, as there are quite a few Elites who normally race with the Pro’s in the 1A bunch. So I wouldn’t worry about the vet’s worry about us :ph34r: because we on a mission to catch the $ batch :whistling: .[/size]

If $ ave 45 for the first 4 min, they are only 3km away when 1A starts...but lets keep this quit and a surprise to them...

Edited by Mongoose!

If you go outside into your garden and look for butterflies. I assure you that you will not find any! Thats because they are all in my stomach.

I can feel it coming on... it will hit bad when I get to the airport on Thursday.

My first CTCT, was placed in 2b, sure I'll catch some of the guys in the 1 groups.

If $ ave 45 for the first 4 min, they are only 3km away when 1A starts...but lets keep this quit and a surprise to them...

Have you ever tried to close a 3km gap? :whistling:  

Racing in the $ is very unpredictable. It all depends on who attacks and when and whether it’s considered a dangerous move due to rider make-up.

We could catch them in the first 10km if they stuff around and play games, or they could just launch attacks off the front for the first hour till one sticks, in which case they will be doing +50kph.

I will be happy with 3h30, starting Group 2D, riding an upgrade on my old Invader Steel Frame bike. Boss donated a Giant OCR 5 to me. Improved my 99er time by 28 minutes on the new bike (3h10). Best Argus so far was 3:38 about 15 years ago on a Avalance 26er MTB with some slicks. :w00t:

Though I as this day is going on I am starting to feel the start of a Cold. If so then I will need to nail it and probably end up riding the old girl and just have fun, don't want to do permanent damage over a "fun ride"

What must be on the letter if someone else is picking up my race pack?

http://www.capetowncycletour.com/information/registration/

Under the Expo Admission Fees tab:

You will be able to collect race packs for other riders provided that you bring at least one valid RaceTec/Winning Time chip.  However, please ensure that the person on whose behalf you are collecting has a valid RaceTec chip as he/she will not be able to access the start area without one.