[Event] Van Gaalen's 24 Hour

Victor van Gaalen

Event Name: Van Gaalen's 24 Hour
When: 21 November 2015 - 22 November 2015
Where: Van Gaalen Cheese Farm, North West
Category: MTB

Whether you’re an experienced rider or a novice, the event is designed to accommodate all with a social flowing route. Come join one of the most interactive MTB events of the year!

The 24 hour @ Van Gaalen’s is 12km lap route. Riders compete around the clock to ride as many laps as possible within 24-hours.

Start Times

24Hour – Sat 12h00-Sun 12h00

6 Hour – Sun 06h00- Sun 12h00

Categories:

24 Hour

Solo R 350

2 rider team R 650

4 rider team R 1200

6-8 rider team R 2200

6 Hour

Solo R 250

2 rider team R 450

4 rider team R 800

Free Camping facilities for all riders( First come first serve).restricted space.

Free Coffee station till 22h00 at Night, Opens @ 6h00 on the 22nd

Food Available till 22h00 at Night.

Cycle2U Shop open until 17h00 on 21st- Open 07h00 22nd Nov 2015 for any mechanical needs.

Supplement table at the cross-over point.

Bathrooms and Showers available for all riders.

Requirements

Be Self sufficient( no electricity points in Campsite)

Responsible for your own lighting for both your bike and Campsite.

No open Fires please. Gas Braai’s allowed

Online Entries Close 16 November 2015

On the day entries 10:00 @ Van Gaalen's

Online Entries

http://www.cycleevents.co.za/mtb-events/van-gaalens-24-hour-2015/

Updates

www.facebook.com/VanGaalenMountainBikingTrails

Go to Event Page

• 1 month later...

Kay, every rechargable battery I could find in the house is charged (even if it doesn't fit any of my lights :D). Toolbox is packed with all manner of spares and spanners. The Anthem is serviced top to bottom and ready to roll. And 90% of the shopping is done.

The only things that still need to be done is chucking some clothes and kit in a bag and gooi'ing it all in the back of the bakkie.

There is of course the little issue of getting through this work day too :)

See you guys out on the trails! 

My oh my, this was a peach.

The rain we had leading up to the event left the trails in fantastic condition. In fact the most difficult part of riding this race solo was to hold myself back. The route just begged to be ridden fast. "sublime" I kept thinking while going round lap after lap.

A big thank you to Eric and Victor for making the race happen. We are truly lucky to have you guys host the event.

Please send a big thank you to the guys who manned the timing table and the guy with the shovel that smoothed out that "Duratec" section for us. My rear wouldn't have survived much more of that :D

Sublime...

My oh my, this was a peach.

The rain we had leading up to the event left the trails in fantastic condition. In fact the most difficult part of riding this race solo was to hold myself back. The route just begged to be ridden fast. "sublime" I kept thinking while going round lap after lap.

A big thank you to Eric and Victor for making the race happen. We are truly lucky to have you guys host the event.

Please send a big thank you to the guys who manned the timing table and the guy with the shovel that smoothed out that "Duratec" section for us. My rear wouldn't have survived much more of that :D

Sublime...

How many laps did you do solo?

It was a great event and a great course. I enjoyed being part of a team so that I could push hard on such a fun route.

How many laps did you do solo?

It was a great event and a great course. I enjoyed being part of a team so that I could push hard on such a fun route.

I racked up 35 fun filled laps.

I did wish that I was part of a team so that I could klap it a couple of times, but there were some FAST laaities smashing it out on the route. No way I'd be able to stick with them.

I racked up 35 fun filled laps.

I did wish that I was part of a team so that I could klap it a couple of times, but there were some FAST laaities smashing it out on the route. No way I'd be able to stick with them.

@Robrider thinks he was one of those fast guys... :whistling:

........He was one of those guys

Edited by RyanAW