Specialized- Think twice

TerryT

I have purchased 3 mountain bikes within the last year, Specialized Epic Comp, Elite & Expert for me & two sons,

So handed over serious money, for some serious machines, all cash purchase to dealer,

Specialized Concept Cyclery Melrose Arch sold all 3 bikes, i can only compliment this dealer for always being there whenever i called upon them, good solid relationship with good guidance/advice, 

Then my nightmare started when i had to deal with Specialized Cyclery Centurion-Graham in particular,

Cannot believe the rudeness of this person, his way or the highway….

Was negotiating a private purchase being advertised on Bikehub- a 2014 Orange Epic Expert World,

Noticed before the sale was concluded a crack on the front steering/front arm as well as bottom of frame at crank section, because the bike was sold by Lynwood, Centurion branch processed the warranty claim(same dealer owners)

Being misled by Centurion-graham that frame was couriered to Specialized SA to decide on frame replacement under warranty, i discovered speaking to Specialized SA that the frame was never couriered as stated-why would the dealer be dishonest about this?

Asking Specialized SA if i could perhaps upgrade frame replacement to S-Works frame and pay in the difference i was informed to request this from dealer, centurion-Graham just refuse to accommodate this request without any valid explanation, becoming aggressive through this discussion,stating they will never do this,

Later informed that only paint crack marks, frame not cracked-never the less Specialized SA opted to replace the frame(WOW), but could not supply the orange colour as they are out of stock,

Speaking to my dealer Concept Cyclery Specialized Melrose Arch i was informed if they processed the warranty they would gladly assist with S-Works frame replacement upgrade with a pay in fee cost of R14k,

A cost i would gladly pay,

Mentioning this to Centurion graham he even became more aggressive stating he will not accommodate any such request,that he is not interested in my request, i have no choice, the frame will be replaced with a white frame, that's how it is….end of story,

Thank you specialized for showing your true colours when asking for assistance, this is one of your approved dealers, so i take it they act on your behalf, POOR POOR CLIENT SERVICE,

Keep your white frame replacement, & return the damaged orange frame if this is how your want to treat clients, as i am not interested in you forcing me to take your ugly white frame,

Why should i continue to support this brand,

From-soon x specialized client.

Edited by TerryT

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you post on Spez facebook page. Spez warranty is 3 years paint and 5 years frame warranty. I could upgrade from a Venge to SL4. Take the dealership on. Nothing wrong with the brand.

Thank you for the advice, will do so.

Wait till you deal with the Spec shop in Bedfordview, they the worst.

No prices on anything, they grunt odd quotes at you. All very odd.

A Spez concept store with an attitude problem, surely not?. Only way you will get me into a concept store is if Sagan is there doing autographs or they have a free lap dance day.

To be fair there are a few that still have client relationships at heart Eben at Westrand always pops up as a good dude, but lots just seem to just ride the brand success.

GASP :eek:  surely not a spaz concept store but, but ,but spaz are perfect it cant be true .......

sorry couldn't find the sarcasm font :w00t:

bikehubbers are like a pack of dogs when it comes to trashing some poor business who slights one of us but watch how quickly this will turn into a "well its a one store problem not a brand issue blah blah "thread

op go where you get what you want in customer service ignore the A holes they exist everywhere :thumbup:

Why slate Specialized, when they offered to warranty the frame?

I am sure they would have supplied you the correct colour if you were prepared to wait.

Melrose Arch said they would even do the upgrade, so why not do it with them?

Not a Specialized problem. Centurion cyclery is USELESS!

1. My one mate waited more than a month for Rovel bearing cups. They also screwed up on a service.

2 My second mate bought a brand new Stumpy HT, the crank fall off on his first ride.

3 My sister wanted to attend the women's month classes, when se arrived (leaving work early) they told her it was canceled, but didn't even bother to let her know.

4 I asked them to put me on their what's app group for Saturday outriders, yip that didn't happened as well

Nah, those guys should really do something, they are giving Specialized and the Concept Stores a bad name!

Without trying to hijack this thread,I have a crack in my epic frame. Who has had successful specialized warranty claim, and through which store (preferably in job)?

You're the first person I've ever heard have anything good to say about CCMA...

Are you sure you were in the right shop;)

when I bought my specialized it was through ccma. I met the owner at a test the best, and he was great. Other than that,every dealing with ccma has been cr@p. They have this woman there who I swear could drain life out of the dead

Without trying to hijack this thread,I have a crack in my epic frame. Who has had successful specialized warranty claim, and through which store (preferably in job)?

I had a paint crack on my Venge fork. Took it to Lynnwood cyclery and within a week had my new frame. Yip, they replaced the entire frame.