[Event] Langebaan Country Estate Lagoon Cycle Challenge

LCE Cycle Challenge + MTB

Event Name: Langebaan Country Estate Lagoon Cycle Challenge
When: 14 November 2015
Where: Langebaan, Western Cape
Category: Road

This is the 14th year of the Langebaan Country Estate (LCE) Lagoon Cycle Challenge.

The LCE Lagoon Cycle Challenge has been rated “Highest scoring PPA Fun Ride for 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014”!

Saturday 14 November 2015

Starting times

80Km: 07h00

30Km: 07h45

Cut-off time: 11h30

Pre-entries (postal and online) close 12 November 2015

Late entries accepted Friday & Saturday at Registration

Registration

Friday 13 November 2015: 15h00 until 19h00

Saturday 14 November 2015: from 06h00

Elbeth Le Roux: 082 899 8616

Email: info@lagoonchallenge.co.za

Enter or for more information: www.lagoonchallenge.co.za/register

The event venue is on the driving range of LCE, which is situated in the picturesque village of Langebaan. As the route winds through the West Coast National Park, it takes you through some of the most beautiful scenery on the West Coast. The route closely hugs the shoreline of South Africa’s only saltwater lagoon as you pass through Strandveld vegetation before making your way across the peninsula that divides the Atlantic Ocean and the Langebaan Lagoon. Take time to appreciate the azure blue waters of this fantastic coastline as you pedal past landmarks such as Preekstoel, Kraalbaai, Geelbek and Schrywershoek. Be on the lookout for the many animals that roam the West Coast National Park, as this in itself makes it a very special ride. The rolling hills have interesting names such as Skunk Hill, Fanie se Kop and Seeberg and make for a challenging, yet enjoyable day out. The ride finishes at the top of Stumpnose Rock (affectionately known as Mamba Hill) with a breathtaking view of the lagoon as the backdrop.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent, looking forward my 5th ride in the park - it is so beautiful. Sadly I missed the marathon earlier this year but hopefully I'll get round to that next year again. 

• 4 weeks later...

They are both excellent. I have been doing the road since 2011 and the MTB since 2013. If you can I highly recommend both, otherwise go for the road one only. 

I dislocated my knee on Die Burger MTB, so have been easing back and currently still stuggle a lot to uncleat my right foot.

Is the MTB technical or sandy at all? (I currently ride like an scared little girl)

Looking for an enjoyable ride and scenery.

So 38km MTB or 80km road?

Doing this race for the first time, looking forward it! looks like the road 80km is fairly flat, hopefully nice and quick.

How many people do the 80km road normally?  

How many people do the 80km road normally?  

Also want to know.

And do they close the road to other road users during this time? I.e. is the whole road open for riding?

Based on Racetec results (see link in my signature)

2014 : 545

2013 : 447

2012 : 487

The park is closed to traffic during the ride. 

Edited by Rouxenator

out and back route - with the large "league" group i hope the ppa have done their homework. they banned league in the park due to the 'head on' a few years ago.

take note , its not a flat course.