Darkhorse Wheels Advice

FreeSoul

Hi All

Anyone had any experience using these wheels? Specifically, for long distance ironman?

Looking into the 60mm Front, 88mm Rear Carbon clincher. They are priced very well compared to Zipps or alike.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

*AdviCe

I don't think this is what he was after...

Unfortunately I don't have a pair myself, but I have only ever heard good things about the wheels from a few friends who currently have them fitted. Perhaps consider tubbies?

Hi All

Anyone had any experience using these wheels? Specifically, for long distance ironman?

Looking into the 60mm Front, 88mm Rear Carbon clincher. They are priced very well compared to Zipps or alike.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Contact the guys on their website. They were happy for me to go to their workshop in Cape Town to talk about their wheels. I am getting the MTB set.

I have the 38mm clinchers and a friend has the 50mm clinchers.  

I use them for racing and also have used them in 70.3 races.

We are both very happy with them and they are being used more regularly as training as well as race wheels.  No issues whatsoever so far in 4 months of use.

I've got a set of DH 50mm clinchers - only doing races with them - so I've done about 1000km to date.

I am very happy with the wheels, and will definitely recommend them.  Good value for money.  Not sure how well they dissipate heat on long descents, but that should not be an issue for IM.

Hi, I have a set of 50mm clinchers. Use them mainly for racing. I have done 70.3 and full on them with no issues. They roll extremely well. For that weight I don't think you can find anything in the same price range. Only issue I have had up to now is a broken spoke after hitting a cat eye. (wheels were pumped to 120psi and only after i saw 110psi is the max). 

A friend runs the 88/60 for Tri races... also very pleased and no issues to date.

Out of curiosity and all things being equal how much faster would a set of these wheels make me over the full IM distance if I currently use krsyium elite wheels.... last year I did IM cycle leg in 7:15 taking a few stops along the way?

Out of curiosity and all things being equal how much faster would a set of these wheels make me over the full IM distance if I currently use krsyium elite wheels.... last year I did IM cycle leg in 7:15 taking a few stops along the way?

In PE, with the wind, slower  :ph34r:

Edited by clyde79