Best Bike in Africa 2015: #6 Transition Patrol

News bot

The Best Bike in Africa will be held at the 2015 Standard Bank Africa Cycle Fair on 23 - 25 October at St Stithians College, Johannesburg. The competition invites fair visitors to vote for their favourite bike at the Best Bike in Africa stand. All the entrants that vote for the bike that wins the Best Bike in Africa will go into a draw to win the bike. Leading up to the fair, we'll be be revealing the bikes entered in the Best Bike in Africa. Friday's bike is the Transition Patrol.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So it WAS you on the corner at 10 last night then, signalling passers by?!

"Suigie vi' 'n fifty!"

Hint. Tranny.... 

Did you like my trench coat?

is that 76.8K for an alloy bike?

Yes. An alloy bike with a super top spec. Yes, it's a bit steep, but consider the Dollar, and the fact that the same spec on one of the other carbon bikes in this segment (Enduro, for example) would be closer to 100k... 

It's pricing is on par with the likes of Intense and so on. There's a carbon version coming soon (next year) which should push it to about 90k or so for the same spec. 

Eye wateringly expensive, yes, until you actually see what some of the other guys are charging. 

is that 76.8K for an alloy bike?

A bargain.  Didn't you know?  Bikes now start at R50k pre-upgrades.  Because dollars, or something to do with people being willing to pay whatever the f&*ck Pinkbike and the Hub says is fair value.

Your bike from last year is a piece of trash and you will never be happy until you spend your kid's education on a new bicycle.  Until next year.

Yes. An alloy bike with a super top spec. Yes, it's a bit steep, but consider the Dollar, and the fact that the same spec on one of the other carbon bikes in this segment (Enduro, for example) would be closer to 100k... 

It's pricing is on par with the likes of Intense and so on. There's a carbon version coming soon (next year) which should push it to about 90k or so for the same spec. 

Eye wateringly expensive, yes, until you actually see what some of the other guys are charging. 

Whatever.  They ask that because they know people will pay it.  Just like the Cape Epic and property in the CBD.