Cape Epic 2016 Group

Acerunner

Hello ACE-riders,

I have two questions:

• Does anyone know if they charge only Amped-Powerbanks or is there a chance to charge my Garmin Edge directly also.

• I don´t understand this part of the rules:

“1. RULE 4.1: All South African residents participating in the race will be required to produce a valid Cycling South Africa (CSA) licence at race registration, or will be charged the applicable fee levied by CSA. All international riders will be required to produce a valid license from their national federation or pay the applicable fee levied by CSA. (You will need a racing license if you are participating in the UCI categories, if not you will only need a CSA membership. Please contact CSA directly for more info via www.cyclingsa.com.”

We are non-professional, German hobby rider without any license. We are not participating in the UCI Categories.

What is to do for us, as hobby riders?

Do we have to registrate on cyclingsa.com homepage? If yes, can you please tell me where?

Or can we pay the fee (mentioned above) during accreditation for Absa Cape Epic? What is the price?

Thank you.

Regards.

CDR

I see that this was answered already but just to reassure you. If you do not have a license or membership from your national federation then you can buy a CSA membership at registration. CSA have a table at registration and it costs R120 (not even 10 euro)

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rode the Epic last year, first one of hopefully many. The most important things to remember:

1. Enjoy it. It is an experience of a lifetime and treat it as such.

2. Do stop to take a photo, enjoy the view and just take it all in. You ain't gonna win it, so just as well take it in.

3. Don't spend to much time at the waterpoints.

4. Always keep your eye on the trail, it takes one little rock to make it a bad day.

5. Don't overspent on equipment. No need for fancy carbon everything. Ride with normal easy to repair gear. No one worries if you have the best of the best. Everyone is there to survive.

6. RECOVER. Spent as little time as humanly possible on your feet.

7. EAT. And when you are full, eat again! Natural foods, don't over supplement with sachet.

8. Last but most importantly, laugh at yourself. There will be times when you make a mistake, have a tumble and even question your sanity. In those times, just take it on the chin.

Just a word of warning on Point 2

Be aware where your partner is and that he/she knows you are stopping for photos....

Happened to me on one stage i stopped to get a picture of all the people pushing up this steep hill and while i was focusing my phones camera he went past (we did not see each other)... he speed off thinking he had to catch up to me... i went back down the hill to see where he was... and the swine did not hear his phone ringing when i tried to call him to see where he was.... UTTER CONFUSION... LOL afterwards when i looked at the picture i took i could just see him on the edge of the shot... we wasted a good amount of time that day trying to find each other.  

Once we found each other a few choice words escaped our mouths followed by a long period of silence

hehe

Skottdog can one buy that jersey?

Sadly no, we only had enough made for the Epic. You are welcome to buy a 'used' one once i've finished!!!

Dammit this is killing me.... Been put on a week of rest with 5 weeks to go. (yes yes I know it's essential)

Just want to bloody ride my bike....

I think this has changed - the laundy service no longer runs every day - in any case I did not experience the kit as clean post wash, and not necesarily dry either - not something I would rely on too much.

Could somebody please shed some light on the laundry?

In 2014 we were able to hand in the laundry any day - next day it was ready.

Has that changed? In what way? 

Hi guys, anyone have any remedies for a tender behind. Just finished Tankwa and I'm in some discomfort. Using assos bibs and chamois cream already.

Hi guys, anyone have any remedies for a tender behind. Just finished Tankwa and I'm in some discomfort. Using assos bibs and chamois cream already.

Bepanthen antiseptic baby cream for aftercare (mornings before going to work and evenings before going to bed)