Best Bike in Africa 2015: #9 MercerBikes Hungry Monkey II

News bot

The Best Bike in Africa will be held at the 2015 Standard Bank Africa Cycle Fair on 23 - 25 October at St Stithians College, Johannesburg. The competition invites fair visitors to vote for their favourite bike at the Best Bike in Africa stand. All the entrants that vote for the bike that wins the Best Bike in Africa will go into a draw to win the bike. Leading up to the fair, we'll be be revealing the bikes entered in the Best Bike in Africa. First up today is the MercerBikes Hungry Monkey II.

Click here to view the article

I think the bike is flikkin gorgeous, the colour stunning, probably the the nicest looking bike after the Yeti SB5c (my opinion). I fail to see the justification of spending 55k on a steel hardtail. What am I missing...?

I think the bike is flikkin gorgeous, the colour stunning, probably the the nicest looking bike after the Yeti SB5c (my opinion). I fail to see the justification of spending 55k on a steel hardtail. What am I missing...?

Spec, pure and simple. Things might not seem like it when you start, but dayum, do they start adding up quickly!

In this case, it's the carbon rims. Rest of the spec is reasonable (except the Guide R's, I'd at least have specced the RS) 

Oh yes! A beautiful frame built in Cape Town and wheels 'handgemaak' in the Cape. An African bike that is world class!

was chatting to 'Mr South' himself the other day...has there been much hoopla over his launch? I've heard nothing but it seems like he's got the real deal going.