Puffy encounter

gerhardsnorbaard

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily for me it did not appear to strike with its fangs as there were no puncture marks (or pain)

Or death

I learnt from the Common Slug Eater that if you violently crap your yourself, they might leave you alone.

It's more effective if you can take your chamois off and aim at them first though.

Edited by Patchelicious

• 3 months later...

Wendy saw a snake the other day that was, according to her, quite big.

It was green in colour, so harmless, (no mambas or boomslangs here!) and was climbing up some rocks. Usually they are too fast to photo unless you happen to have your phone or camera handy. Maybe I'll go walking in the same place and see what I can find :-)

Saved this little guy from the road in suikerbosrand today. It was playing dead right in the middle of the tar. I think its a spotted grass snake

Nice one. Well done.

Makes my think of Petrus!

Petrus used to work for us. Bloody useless, but ... part of the furniture. Biggest effen sponge that you have ever seen.

So the workers on the farm killed a puffy.

They believe that if you eat it, you are immune against snake poison going forward.

I really wanted the dead serpent.

It was then that I learned that two Black Labels vs eternal immunity against snake bites..... The Zamalek (Black Label) always wins.

Did a trade.

So I put the dead puffy in a shoe box.

Leave it on my desk and call Petrus.

"Petrus!!!!"

He comes running to my office. (Probably hoping for a hand out)

I tune him. "Vat asb hierdie skoen boks en moer hom in die asblik.Maar Petrus, jy moenie binne by die boks kyk nie."

It took about 10 seconds before this blood curdling scream erupted. Petrus decided to look in the box!

So after calming the old fella down I tell him that it was all a joke. We were just making a joke because he is such a sponge and nosey old fart.

He accepts the apology ... but says I please must not throw the snake away... he wants it ... because do I know..... if you eat the snake, you will be immune from the poison of snake bites in the future! Ntate , kan ek hom asb kry!

reminds me of this classic. Petrus has a cousin Francois maybe

https://youtu.be/pyKVZo8tNLI

reminds me of this classic. Petrus has a cousin Francois maybe

I am not one to resort to violence but I'll m0er someone it they did that to me!!!

• 1 month later...

Had my first puffy encounter ever today on Helderberg. The bugger was lying still playing dead right across the trail at the start of the Upper Bikini Beach climb segment. First thought he was dead, and was about to get a stick to move him when he decided to head back into the bushes.

This was my second snake encounter at Helderberg in 2 weeks. 2 Sundays ago I rode over the tail of a big ass Cape Cobra on the lower part of Highway 61. I was coming at speed around a corner (the section just as you pass over the little bridge) and saw the bugger too late. If I applied brakes then I would have stopped right on top of him, so I took my chances and went over the tail as fast as I could. His front body was already in the long grass so he probably saw me too late to strike.

Edited by Moridin

I am not one to resort to violence but I'll m0er someone it they did that to me!!!

Thats messed up. If that guy had fallen and knocked his head on that generator frame....

Somebody threw a toy snake on one of the ladies during a office function last week.

She went into such shock she had to be taken to the hospital and sedated.

My wife also saw a snake the other day. But then I put it back in my undies and all was good.

Was it the Southern African White Spitting snake? I also found 1 in my pants once. Its still there, it can puff up just like a puff adder.

• 8 months later...