Puffy encounter

gerhardsnorbaard

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode right over a  brownish coloured snake a little while back, I didn't even have time to scream  as it all happened so quick.   I really really really really really really really  don't like snakes and don't even like looking at them as they creep me out so yeah it was quite memorable for  me  :D

Rode right over a brownish coloured snake a little while back, I didn't even have time to scream as it all happened so quick. I really really really really really really really don't like snakes and don't even like looking at them as they creep me out so yeah it was quite memorable for me :D

F me.. I am so scared of snakes it's not even funny. And as I am not really riding atm I am not seeing many up here but down in KZN they just bloody sail through from the forest and chase geckoes at the house... And it seems that all the geckoes in KZN live in our house there.

Every time I go down I see either a Spotted Bush snake or a Western Natal Green snakes and I get a fright every damn time... And I know they are harmless and seeing them sail across the grass is okay - ish but when they come an peek in through the window chasing a gecko.. I freak the hell out

Imagine having a phone conversation and then that[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

post-39623-16194217702349.jpg

post-39623-0-18463200-1619422344_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gen

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Alouette3 said:

On the Snake eyes trail on Tokai this morning

IMG_20210524_120352.jpg

Puffies seem to like coming out this time of the year. My 2 encounters with them on the trails were all in May

On 4/26/2021 at 9:28 AM, Gen said:

F me.. I am so scared of snakes it's not even funny. And as I am not really riding atm I am not seeing many up here but down in KZN they just bloody sail through from the forest and chase geckoes at the house... And it seems that all the geckoes in KZN live in our house there.

Every time I go down I see either a Spotted Bush snake or a Western Natal Green snakes and I get a fright every damn time... And I know they are harmless and seeing them sail across the grass is okay - ish but when they come an peek in through the window chasing a gecko.. I freak the hell out

Imagine having a phone conversation and then that[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

post-39623-16194217702349.jpg

post-39623-0-18463200-1619422344_thumb.jpg

Keep the doors and windows closed especially in the evenings when snakes chase din dins inside.

Lived in Botswana for 21 years  with a beach house in Scarborough and learnt the hard way

3 hours ago, Alouette3 said:

On the Snake eyes trail on Tokai this morning

IMG_20210524_120352.jpg

Appropriate to find it on the snake trails????

• 1 month later...

Found this snake skin near the Campsite swimming pools the other day . . . . 

Snake Skin.jpg

yep - that hole is definitely his new home. I guess he outgrew the hole I saw him in a while ago.

Gives me the heebie-jeebies!