94.7 without training at all. Is this possible?

Hi Fellow Hubbers,

Due to business constraints I have not been able to train for the 94.7 road cycle challenge this year. Is it still possible to finish the race considering?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Possible, Yes

My cousin has done this the past two year, He doesn't own a bike so he borrows one and completes it in just under 7hours.

Take it slow and keep moving forward.

If you are generally fit, healthy, have minimal complaints and a positive attitude then yes. It is very easy.

If you are hugely obese, have heart problems, cannot walk up 3 flights of stairs, have diabetes and resemble Jabba the Hut then I would say probably not.

Really though, close this thread, go and ride and if you finish you finish and if you fail you fail but do it for you, because you want to. Fit guys fail, weaker people prevail. Only you will know on the day.

If you are generally fit, healthy, have minimal complaints and a positive attitude then yes. It is very easy.

If you are hugely obese, have heart problems, cannot walk up 3 flights of stairs, have diabetes and resemble Jabba the Hut then I would say probably not.

Really though, close this thread, go and ride and if you finish you finish and if you fail you fail but do it for you, because you want to. Fit guys fail, weaker people prevail. Only you will know on the day.

Good post. Says it all.

Doubt you will be winning any strava segments, its going to be a long day in the saddle with times you might feel you want to give your bike away during the ride  but it's possible. 

Stop for the free beers and shots, ride with mates. You won't even feel it (ok, your arse will hurt a little (a lot)).

It's easy. The 94.7 is all downhill, so just slip into the A group, hook onto the wheel of the front guy, and let him pull you all the way. Don't forget to attack on the last climb.

In the real world ~ 7 hard hours in the saddle ~ if that's your idea of fun then go for it. In my opinion it's a stupid thing to do.

Hi Fellow Hubbers,

Due to business constraints I have not been able to train for the 94.7 road cycle challenge this year. Is it still possible to finish the race considering?

I didn't cycle since early July because of a car accident. I got on the bike saturday and did 38km with the mtb- the only problem was muscle fatigue from riding hard and in the end my butt hurt a lot. 

If you can prepare for those two things, you should make the 94.7 road race.

good luck sir