Cotic Simple vs On One Inbred frame

L.T.G

Hi Guys

a mate's looking at getting a steel SS and has basically narrowed it down to these two frames.

much of muchness? other than the On One being a a bit cheaper?

Well. I talk from experience here.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of these frames but my advice is to go with something with proper dropouts either sliders or rockers.

But between the two options you've given I'd go with the on one. The cotics as pretty as they look are overpriced vs the on one considering they made from identical material.

DiverNick has a
buildabike a bike auction for a cotic going on - search and you will find it - migh tbe a good deal

DiverNick has a

buildabike a bike auction for a cotic going on - search and you will find it - migh tbe a good deal

Thanks V12... :thumbup:

My friend (lets call him Neil for now, because that's his name...)

got hold of Nick yesterday, there was a winning bid for the frame already by the time he did, but  I think  they're chatting about another one.

Edited by L.T.G

If he is a Large, a have a Cotic Simple looking for a home. Frame is in good condition. Sick green.

hey man,

how much do you want for the Cotic?

On One vs Cotic.

THERE IS NO WRONG ANSWER!

I owned an Inbred SS and now ride a Solaris (geared version of the Simple)

Love both brands. Here's my personal experience:

Rode the Large Inbred for 3 years and loved every minute. Then bought a Medium Solaris looking for a more nimble ride.

The geometry on the medium Cotic is way more agile than on the large Inbred, hence me selling the On One as I enjoy the Cotic more.

The tubing on the Cotic is Reynolds 853 front triangle with Chromo stays. The On One has 4130 Chromo tubing throughout making it slightly heavier than the Cotic.

The On One's pearl paint is a gem, The cotic has fun colours and the new downtube panel with the reflective lettering is a treat.

That said, both are amazingly capable, comfortable and fun to ride.

1412364_10152133983374985_707599261_o.jp11021556_10153318946374985_3213534997465

DiverNick has a

I "won" the auction last year and ended up with a Cotic Simple.

Very, very nice. I stripped my Ritchey P29 and ride the Cotic out of choice.

I "won" the auction last year and ended up with a Cotic Simple.

Very, very nice. I stripped my Ritchey P29 and ride the Cotic out of choice.

Thats a good choice