Ultegra Long Axle Pedals

Veebee

Hi All.

Time for new pedals... VP power bearings are done.

Have wide feet and using wide shimano shoes. Currently using 2 washers on vp power pedals so my shoes don't rub on the crank arms. Was told I need to get rid of the washers as they could eventually strip the thread on the arms as there isn't much of the pedal axle going in.

I have been looking for the Ultegra 6800's, with the 4mm longer axle but cannot find stock. Shimano SA doesn't have anything and CRC is also out of stock and have no idea when they will receive stock.

So anyone know of a shop that could have 1 set of Ultegra SPD 6800 with 4mm longer Axles on their shelves ?

I can get get the DA 9000's for about R600 more than standard Ultegra's but would like to keep the pedals matching with my groupset. And I would assume that there isn't a massive difference between the 2.

Thanks.

Hmm - I didn't know you could get the longer axle pedals as I have the same problem. I was getting all sorts of aches and pains in the side of my feet.

I am just using aluminium shims behind the axle but 4 mm is quite a lot.

What are the part numbers - do you know whether there is anything similar for MTB?