American Classic wheels which ones???

lukes_handle

So I'm saving up for a new set of wheels and I'm looking at the American Classic 29er wheels as I've heard great things about them. I ride XC/ Marathon and I'm not competeing for a podium but I do push for my best possible time. I weigh around 62kg and I want the wheels to last and be really solid as I don't the money to have them trued every second month.

I'm looking at either the American Classic Wide Lightning or American Classic Race, so which isit worth the extra for the Race and are they as strong?

I would go for the Wide Lightning. The extra width have more advantages than the weight saving of the Race. 

With the Wide Lightnings you will be able to run race tires to save weight, but still have the kind of grip associated with knobblier tires. You will also be able to run lower pressures (especially at your weight) for extra traction.

I have the wide lightning and because you are a small rider they are perfect.

Remember they are soft so you will put some dents into them if you impact sharp stuff with low pressures but they are great.

I have ridden mine for 3 years and they are still sweet.

Also have the Wide Lightnings for a year now. They are awesome with the low pressures, I run 1.4 in front and 1.6 at the back. I'm 68kg.

Just put a Nobby Nic 2.35 on last night in the front, eager to test it out the week-end at Hakahana.

Thanks for all the help guys, wide lightnings seem the better choice. Anyone have any ideas where I can get ceramic bearings for them?

Also seems like these would be even better if they could be paired with Industry Nine hubs...

post-17321-0-51744800-1446232620_thumb.gif

.....REALLY NOT NECESSARY ????