Scott vs Titan

NinerZero

Hi Guys,

Could you give any advice on the following bikes. The 2016 Scott Aspect 930 and the 2015 Titan Comp. Both are 29er's. I know the Titan has better shocks "Rock Shox" and rear derailleur "SLX." The Scott has Deore and Suntour suspension.

Any info on Titan frames. The only thing that makes me like the Scott more, is because its a brand I know, however spec is more important I would assume.

The type of riding I do is road for now, while the mountain trail is closed, otherwise just trail biking, not really single tracks.

Your advice would be appreciated.

Resale on the Scott would be better but only slightly at that price point.

Titan arent bad bikes and the better spec level would benefit more than a brand name.

Hi, welcome to Bike Hub.

I'd rather go with the better specs. Both brands are established locally so that won't be a problem. Titan have some great bikes and great value for money bikes in their range.

Enjoy!

The curse of the Mountain-biker is the obsession to upgrade...If i look at my bike at the moment all that is stock is the Frame.(don't tell the wife)...so although components are important look ahead, do you aim to keep the bike as is and sell it to upgrade or are you planning on keeping it and upgrading as your pocket money allows.

The curse of the Mountain-biker is the obsession to upgrade...If i look at my bike at the moment all that is stock is the Frame.(don't tell the wife)...so although components are important look ahead, do you aim to keep the bike as is and sell it to upgrade or are you planning on keeping it and upgrading as your pocket money allows.

I plan on keeping the bike as is. In the long term, I will sell and upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

In the end, nobody keeps a bike as it is. Parts wear. Chain, cassette etc. Bike came out with Slx, lets try XT when it is time to replace. Bottom line, nothing wrong with a Titan, but a Scott with upgraded parts is worth more second hand than a Titan with upgraded parts. Just someone's perspective who owned both brands.

I plan on keeping the bike as is. In the long term, I will sell and upgrade.