an April cold.... here all bloody month!!!

PPWTF

I very much doubt I'm the only one currently fighting a month long cold, which started out as the usual little sniff but just wouldn't go away.

Initially I carried on training, for a the first week at least. There in probably lay my mistake....

The second week of April was totaly written off as the energy levels fell through the floor, despite no coughing up of green stuff or the odd lung, no temprature or flu like symptoms

Week 3 and there where med lemon and viral choice assisted signs of a recovery. My head breifly cleared, which only made it even more obvious that the glands in my thoat are still swollen, and today the nose is running and my temp has gone up enough to make me hot one minute and cold the rest.....!!!!!!!!!!! Angry AAAAAhhh

So much for my body is a temple, nutritional advice from professionals and 9hrs sleep a night. I've been reduced to exercising my keyboards skills and bugger all else.....

Rant over

Feel free to tell me I'm a big cry baby with 'man flu' and to stop wasting Hubbers time writing this rubbish.......... Confused
PPWTF2008-04-19 08:08:25

Hehe....your not the only one. Got one for 4 weeks now. Come and goes....allthough it doesn't go away totally. Been on 3 sets of antibiotics and it doesn't help!

Sorry to hear thi PPWTF

I've had a bugging sore throat since last Sunday... just wont go away.. nose running... no temperature. I'm missing todays Wilro race Unhappy

at what point should I go to the doctor?

I'd go to the doc asap. You know these guys are used to seeing snotty kids and worried mothers so you'll need to make it very clear that you're physically very active and not the typical wet nosed weakling looking for an excuse not to go to work.......!

My Doc is one of the alternatives types...... the wonders of medical aid and its 'you will go to our selected local doctor only' routine. So when I explained that i'm fit and very healthy and have never been sick like this for so long he still refused antibioics...! W**ker....

And they wonder why I hate going to see them anyway.....

Weird - I have had pretty much the same thing for 4/5 weeks now. Not feeling truly awful but the thought of getting up at 4.45 and riding has been totally beyond me. No major symptoms but really low energy.

Finally last week back on the bike - real easy 4 hour week then managed 8 this week...

Well if im not feeling any better by Tuesday think i'm going to the doctor.

My medical aid (my parents' actually Big%20smile) doesnt dictate like mugabe which doctor i must go to, whooo. but pity I don't have a doctor because she gave up practising to become a stay at home mommy Thumbs%20Down.

anyone know a good doctor around the randburg/craighall/sandton/hyde park/rosebank area?

well i was booked off for 2 full weeks by the doc cos of bronchitis and sinus.... and it's still not totally gone 2 weeks later... so i'm thinking of all of you cos it really sucks - hope you all get better soon