Absa Cape Epic says farewell to a great champion

News bot

http://parkpre.com/peoplegallery/images/sauser.jpg

watching this guy on bootlegged VHS tapes of the Grundig World Cup in the 90's from Eurosport...

Easy to have this man as a role-model! Absolute legend! His relaxed manner and presence is unsurpassed. Saw photos of him at the start of the W2W this morning looking like he and Konny was going for a quick social MTB ride through Lourensford...

I proudly consider him an honorary saffa. quite a decent bloke in the bike park, if you can understand the accent.

All the swiss winters he's spent here in stellenbosch - he definitely contributed to the migration of euro pros who now train here.

He's also been on spaz for a while - and in that time it's locally gone from a low volume brand to a market leader in many segments - he might not get a percentage of each sale - but he really should. i'd guess he might have had a bit of influence getting spaz HQ in the bosch too.

I have not met him. But he comes across as a true gentleman. Always looked calm and collected no matter what situation he was in. I have great respect for him and I am sure we will see a lot of him in the future growing new young talent.