LBS - Pretoria's best

SPARTA-cus

Hubbers

First question

The best LBS in Pretoria to get my bike serviced? And the price.

Second question

According to you, the best LBS in die Jakaranda Stad in terms of service, vibe, prices etc.

Go! Go! Go!

Most are semi ***.

Had two bikes built up recently. Had to redo basically everything. Cable and housing routings were shocking. Correct torque on the bolts non existant. I even found the rear shock to be only finger tight.

So im watching this space anxiously.

Most are semi ***.

Had two bikes built up recently. Had to redo basically everything. Cable and housing routings were shocking. Correct torque on the bolts non existant. I even found the rear shock to be only finger tight.

So im watching this space anxiously.

+1.....rather take a 15min drive from Pretoria to Midrand for bike service.

Summit Cycle

Case in point.....wife took her MTB's wheel (tubeless) to shop in Moreleta Park to fix broken spoke. Got wheel back, but tire kept losing pressure. Took wheel to Summit......and here is the reason

post-41755-0-22954700-1447008037_thumb.jpg

Edited by BarHugger

Give Barend at Singletrack Cycles a call (012 809-2123). I'm pretty picky when it comes to my bike, and so far I have been pretty impressed. Barend checks/tests the bikes meticulously before delivery.

Jeez, has Singletrack cycles mucked up my bike when it went In there...put locktite on some alu screws, had to have them drilled out...anyway...

I think Epic Sports in Centurion does a pretty good job, have only had good service from them so far. Always helpful with advice, even when I built up my first bike and I did not even buy the frame and spares form them did they offer advice and assistance. Paul is a great guy as owner and also keeps a pretty tight ship...

Give Torq Zone Cycles a bash! Not the cheapest, but their workmanship on my Ventana service was brilliant!!

Definitely not the cheapest.....if working part can be replaced, it will be replaced......and if the part fails the following day after bike collection from service......it is an operator's fault. Wallet now has an acute spasmatic attack near that shop......

Sounds like the best course of action is to get the relevant tools and learn to service your own bike.

I recently started doing this and most of it is a walk in the park with Youtube tutorials. Getting the right tools can be a bit of a cost (personal experience) and I'm not sure I'm up to doing things like hydraulic brakes or shocks yet, but everything else has been fine.

Edited by Eon du Plessis

I'm quite happy with Hot Spot.

Its lekker if you walk into a shop and people greet you by name.

I don't know how there prices compare to other shops, but their service is tops.

I service my bikes there and buy all my stuff (tyres, tubes, but cream etc. ) from them.

Service my own bike. Yes, it takes time out of my day but, I get good service, labour is affordable (will work for treats and coffee) and I fully trust the mechanic. It is almost like I have known him for years.

• 4 weeks later...

Epic Sport

I will agree 10000% with this. Best service in all aspects.

Been through many shops and these guys are the only ones who get my bikes perfect and they stand by their work. Personally havent had a single issue with them and their prices are good. 

I dont go anywhere else anymore....not even to buy kit. I rather pay more through them and know that any after sales issues will be sorted out!