Review: Niner Jet 9 Carbon

Iwan Kemp

The Jet 9 Carbon is Niner's cross-country offering featuring 100mm of rear wheel travel. Although it boasts the same front triangle as its R.D.O (Race Day Optimized) bigger brother, the "Carbon" version as tested has an alloy rear triangle to keep costs in check.

Click here to view the article

No mention of price as tested, or overall build weight?

I do love that hot tamale colour, and I gotta admit the curvaceous looks are growing on me.

I do love that hot tamale colour, and I gotta admit the curvaceous looks are growing on me.

All the pricing and the 2016 spec is on http://niner.co.za :)

Pricing from First Look Friday:

Pricing

JET 9 Carbon XT 1x R59,109.30

JET 9 Carbon XT 2x R61,858.57

Frame only R27,221.03

I luuuuurv my JET RDO. It is a slightly older model but still rocket fast :-) See what I did there?

At the risk of sounding like a Ninerphile (I readily confess that I am) - it is the fastest duallie I've ridden.

Mine is 11.6kg with Reba fork, 2x10 XTR, Citec Ascender S wheels and a fairly ordinary PRO Koryak finishing kit (all alu), Maxxis Ardent Race/Ikon combo.

We think so too :D

If you guys ever have a large RIP or ROS 9 lying about in CT looking for a dirty weekend or two please let me know ;)