E-bike Enduro

Tree Hubber

I like to ride for fun, and really only deal with uphills so that I can enjoy the downhills.

I would consider it (if my mates would promise not to abuse me every time I brought it out).

Big in europe, saw many in France this summer!

Whether you a fan of or not... it's will be here too

There's a few already in SA with new batches coming in the new year from Spez and haibike to name a few.  I'm gonna take the plunge and give it a go. Uphill's not my strongest point and the fun factor looks awesome.

In a country where we do not have the luxury of ski resort infrastructure this may well become viable. The commuting option would also appeal to me if my commute route was considered safe enough to use solo.

On the other hand, as a birthday present I gave my brother (a good cyclist) and his girlfriend (not extremely strong) a guided tour around Santorini on these E-bikes. He was overseas travelling at the time and I knew he was having severe bike-withdrawal symptoms. They said they loved it and it meant they were all able to go at the same pace.

I know its not enduro, but its not to say they don't have their place. Also a nice way for beginners to get into the sport, albeit a rather expensive way...

i think he summed it up nicely, its cool  to have a spin on once or twice, but wont want to own one.. as it defies the logic of having a bike. I also think the bike must be banned from bike parks, as it a the same as having a motocross bike just with a crappy engine.. :ph34r:

NB. i am bias

Edited by KingTJ