Garmin Connect vs Strava?

intern

Wanted to see... Also cos it has HR data, but then after buying it, seeing that the HR data recording capability only extends to iPhone apps. No Android ANT+ support (my HR strap is ANT+ and my phone supports it) 

I've got the Fenix now to get around that... 

i upload via Garmin Express  to GC, Strava and TP 

TP for detailed training progress (Tss etc)

Strava tracking on specific routes and quicker view (& ego stroking :ph34r: )

also check out StravistiX chrome plugin for some additional data/stats in strava (some really nice stats) https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/154549-stravistix-strava-plugin-for-data-junkies/ 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Upload to GC and analyse in Strava. The premium feature gives you fitness, fatigue and form values which are useful to see your training impact against your form as weeks and months go by. The challenges are useful for motivation and you can create a following list of riders you would like to measure yourself against which helps with motivation too! 

Creating segments on routes you ride regularly so that you can race yourself and see if you're improving is another useful feature!

I knew that was coming... 

I'm trying to run, now. Easier on the time pressure. Cos fark, that's been difficult lately... 

Kicker

I use both, I find that GC has more training related data especially with the running and swimming dynamics on my 920XT that Strava cant handle. All said and done i spend 70 % of my time on Strava and 30% on CG. I do find GC a little clunky and prone to glitches.

My 520 connects to Garmin Connect, which syncs with Strava and Training Peaks, I also import to GoldenCheetah for my coach.... Hi, Im Patch, I think I have a problem :(

You have a coach, thats like doping for amatuers...

i use garmin conect for running its amazing < but I would use strava for cycling or ebven beter training peaks

Anyone using the live segments?

Yes, on a few segments.

Its amazing how sneaky some people setup segments. Segments will start on the downhill appraching a climb and often end way after the crest of a hill. Live segments helps with this.

As examples... at SBR, the first long decent is called Super Tubes or something, it actually starts about 500m before the decent starts. Stairway to Heaven ends 200m after the hill finishes.... all fun n games.

Yes, on a few segments.

Its amazing how sneaky some people setup segments. Segments will start on the downhill appraching a climb and often end way after the crest of a hill. Live segments helps with this.

As examples... at SBR, the first long decent is called Super Tubes or something, it actually starts about 500m before the decent starts. Stairway to Heaven ends 200m after the hill finishes.... all fun n games.

Spot on....

In the beginning a activated (starred) too many and it drove me nuts :oops:

Quickly removed all but about 4 of them which I know are decent longish segments

Nooo, I am sure there is enough doping in amatuer leagues already :ph34r:

This guy is more like my sadist, when the pyramids dont hurt enough I ask him to put ciggarettes out on me.

And you call him a sadist....