Headset Advice please!

PVT_RYAN

Hi Hubbers and Hubbetes

I need your advice please, so i decide to up my riding and get a newish frame after riding Scott for "jaare". so i purchased an Axis A80 from a fellow hubber, but now i am a bit stumped Axis and Scott are similar products, and i am moving most of my components over.

The Axis says Headset: VP DROP IN/ PRESS FIT.

Currently i have a Ritchey headset on the Scott and yes i am a NOOB when it comes to headsets, i have refurbished older bikes but building a newer one is "different".

so would i need to replace the  crown race on my forks or would i have to take the ritchey's off and onto the axis!

Please help!!

Thanks

post-78165-0-56433600-1447243742_thumb.jpg

If they're both cartridge bearing type headsets you'll be fine. If the bearings are loose you'll need to swap the crown race over. Close ups of the two crown races would help.

If they're both cartridge bearing type headsets you'll be fine. If the bearings are loose you'll need to swap the crown race over. Close ups of the two crown races would help.

hi there, they both ball bearing, but gonna change to cartridge, if possible. Going to my LBS on saturday, thought i could sort it out beforehand!