Got Schrader and needs No Tubes

dirtrider

There is a new product on the market for MTB'ers that wanna convert their bikes to tubeless called Joe's . Nice thing about Joe's is that they got differentRim Strips for diffirent rims and now even the okes with big valves can convert .

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it at the Bruce Reyneke shop in Centurion . I believe the prices are a lot cheaper . Gonna go and look this afternoon

I also saw it at Summit Cycles in Midrand - speak to Anton 011-315-8311.

Apparently he is running it on one of his own bikes!

The primary concern here is, what sealant are they using? The uctual rim strip is just about generic, it's the goop that goes inside that is special, then again Stan's rim's are also better! If someone can actually make a decent rim, well then we're talking.

Been running Stans on ALEX rims with no problems ever ! The rim take is not a generic as you may think . These blokes from Joe's got 3 diffirent types for diffirent types of rims . And then there is the price ! They are using their own sealant but we will have to test it to see how good it really is .

When I say generic I mean anything that blocks off the spoke holes properly and creates a tight seal at the valve seat will do, there is no need for anything special here.

Confused And they ask us R200 for one of these things !!!! But it is actaully not true . This thing does not only block the spoke holes but also makes sure your normal tyre gets a nice seal with your normal rim . Look closely at these "rim tapes" and you will see it .

What about using the Joes rim strip & utilising a mixture of Stans sealant and sludge ?

I need to replace my sealant, so I might as well try this combo.

not sure if the sealants are compatible since they use different chemicals for the coagulant and diluant's of the solution. These may not liek each otehr very much

I've been told that they do actually work together, but it probably is hearsay....... a friend of a friend of a friend .....

Got hold of a bottle of Stans sealant (+-500ml) for R 76, which is a giveaway...so will probably give that a try.

And Bruce got no stock left ! But he also does not wanna install it if you do not put tubeless Tyres on ur bike !!!!Confused Gonna try a few other bike shops . What's the point if you can't use ur normal tyres ?

I'm only gonna say this once so listen up leute (German for 'people/guys' for those who don't know!).

Byron is using Maxxis Crossmark not UST with Stans with no problem at all.

My brother is using Maxxis Larsen's on 1 bike and Hutchinson Pythons on another both non UST and also has no problem.

Byron did his own Stan's installation (he's 16!) so most of you oke's should manage. As I said yesterday visit Anton at Summit Cycles in Midrand, he is not so full of ****!