New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

Good Morning Folks.

I am shamelessly "borrowing" the idea from Bonus' thread about his awesome move with his wife Wendy overseas.

I have recently moved my family to New Zealand. I havent yet found a sheep to marry, but i have a few dates lined up. Lets see how it goes.

:)

There are quite a few hubbers that are based here. Perhaps we could share some pics and stories of the place. 

Unfortunately, it will come down to comparing things with RSA. At the end of the day, i think this is human nature. Now before we begin, I must categorically state that this thread is not here to bash South Africa or South Africans. But rather to celebrate and show the many things that happen here. South Africa is a beautiful country and will always be my land of birth. When my kids are old enough, i hope to take them back and show them the little gems that i have uncovered in my time there. 

So lets begin...

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are public parks everywhere.

And i mean everywhere.

They are clean, safe and well mantained. They almost always have a public toilet (important when you have two small kids that have the bladders the size of gnats) The bathrooms are clean, fully supplied with bog roll and not bad.

One of the public parks in my area has this little gem of a bmx track. Free to use. I can get there using cycle lanes built into nature reserves that run behind all the houses. I never touch tarred road from my driveway.

post-18409-0-16544300-1447357296_thumb.jpg

Good to hear. We are sticking to our guns at the moment - my sister is trying to convince us to go to AUS instead.

Do me a favour while you're over there. Ask a few full blooded kiwis, some born and bred  All Black supporters how they feel about Saffas who back the the All Blacks instead of the Bokke. I don't wanna stir things up. I certainly don't wanna turn the thread into that. I'm genuinely curious.

Enjoy your new chapter and post some trail pics

Do me a favour while you're over there. Ask a few full blooded kiwis, some born and bred  All Black supporters how they feel about Saffas who back the the All Blacks instead of the Bokke. I don't wanna stir things up. I certainly don't wanna turn the thread into that. I'm genuinely curious.

Enjoy your new chapter and post some trail pics

When the world cup was on, i spent quite a bit of time watching rugby with KIWIS.

Most of them seemed really cool about Saffas supporting the all blacks. 

I am sure you get your exceptions, but at the end of the day, its kinda like how most folks in south africa have an english premiership team they support, yet almost none of them have ever been near the country.