New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(buying groceries in SA is perhaps my single biggest peeve, I'm sorry)

I find it is a great opportunity to learn/increase/demonstrate my limited indigenous language skills. Guaranteed smile generator...

What about the weather guys? I hear North Island (Auckland) is far better than the South, but still not great?

Wes, I live in Wellington.  It is awesome here.  Wind blows on average about 60km/h and there are LOTS of hills.  Auckland weather is much like Cape Town.  4 seasons in one day.  Wellington is more consistent.

Wayne, if you are keen to check out Wellington, PM me and I will send you my mobile number.

Thanks

Checkout people actually work in Aus and NZ. 

A single person can swipe your groceries, put them in a bag for you and handle payment  pretty quickly. Mostly because they are standing instead of sitting down and focused on their job instead of talking to 3 other people.

Otherwise you just go to a self checkout and do it all yourself in a few seconds. 

And how I miss paypass! Just tap your card on the register for any purchase below $100 and its done. None of this swiping/signing nonsense.

(buying groceries in SA is perhaps my single biggest peeve, I'm sorry)

Constantly amazes me how fast the checkout people work. And they are friendly, too.

Wes, I live in Wellington.  It is awesome here.  Wind blows on average about 60km/h and there are LOTS of hills.  Auckland weather is much like Cape Town.  4 seasons in one day.  Wellington is more consistent.

Wayne, if you are keen to check out Wellington, PM me and I will send you my mobile number.

Thanks

Hahaha yes Welly is consistent all right! Consistently sh*t. But Welly is also like Cape Town in another way: on those rare occasions when the weather is good, you have to tell the whole rest of the country because it is pretty spectacular  :thumbup:

I spoke to one of my clients in Middleton, Canterbury, he told me there are new bicycle tracks, the one is 80km long.... this sounds soooo nice

Edited by Meerkat82

Where is the island boy,,,,,it's been radio silence (that I've seen)

Im here.

Busy busy busy.

I started a new business. You know what its like with startups...

Im here.

Busy busy busy.

I started a new business. You know what its like with startups...

Mmmmmmmm

No thanks ;)

WP how are your kids adjusting??

Loving it.

They are so resilient. They never bring up SA.

They are making new friends and enjoying themselves.

We are a lot more active here.

My son joins me twice a week at my boxing gym. Today we walked to school and tonight both kids have swimming lessons.

Its a whole other way of life.