New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

hahahah the term "first world problems" comes to mind when that is headline news on one's local newspaper.

Guess it beats news of rioting students

The grass isn't always greener....

"A South African couple left their home country to escape crime only to have it land on their front doorstep in New Zealand.

Leandra Van Apple and Ivan Venter have had their vehicles broken into three times in the past three months and are worried increasing crime could see the country end up just as dangerous as their former home."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/85078701/three-breakins-in-three-months-have-a-south-african-couple-warning-of-growing-crime

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"A South African couple left their home country to escape crime only to have it land on their front doorstep in New Zealand.

Leandra Van Apple and Ivan Venter have had their vehicles broken into three times in the past three months and are worried increasing crime could see the country end up just as dangerous as their former home."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/85078701/three-breakins-in-three-months-have-a-south-african-couple-warning-of-growing-crime

Suppose it's a consolation that they weren't pistol whipped/shot/raped/hijacked/murdered/armed robbery etc.

Theft to varying degrees is everywhere since time immemorial, the violence that accompanies it in Sa is the hard pill to swallow.

They gives Saffas a bad name, whinging about crime brought on by their stupidity. Far from being in a crime ridden country, ironically they are actually encouraging crime in NZ with their irresponsible actions.

Too thick to see this though.

Edited by FrankG

They probably actually believed that you can leave everything open and unlocked...

My mom lives in the sticks in Oz and they have criminals coming in from the cities as its easy pickings.

Not so long ago you left your keys in you car when you went to town just in case somebody needed to move it.

Now the cops go around checking cars at night and fining owners who leave their keys in the ignition.

"A South African couple left their home country to escape crime only to have it land on their front doorstep in New Zealand.

Leandra Van Apple and Ivan Venter have had their vehicles broken into three times in the past three months and are worried increasing crime could see the country end up just as dangerous as their former home."

I dunno, the grass is pretty green here in Christchurch...

I mean just look at it! So Green!

post-10758-0-73366900-1476050860_thumb.jpg

View from the Port Hills, Christchurch.

But on a serious note. A couple of months back i had to go to the central police station in Chch to report a minor traffic incident I was involved in (a truck side-swiped my right mirror off while moving over for an emergency vehicle).

I learnt 2 things from my visit to the station...

1, traffic incidents do not need to be reported to police if there was no injury. No pesky accident report form etc.

2. 2 of the 4 people at the counters were there to report vehicle break ins.

But then again, no one was there to report any type of violent/sexual crime.

Crime happens everywhere.

I have been mugged on 3 continents.

South africa was the only one of those three where i thought i would be killed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Crime happens everywhere.

I have been mugged on 3 continents.

South africa was the only one of those three where i thought i would be killed.

you seem to be like a magnet for when **** happens!

Increase in the points required to obtain skilled migrant visa and a new tourist visa has been imposed on south africans.

Is this the closing of the saffa immigration tap???

If you are thinking about moving here...act quick.

My mom lives in the sticks in Oz and they have criminals coming in from the cities as its easy pickings.

Not so long ago you left your keys in you car when you went to town just in case somebody needed to move it.

Now the cops go around checking cars at night and fining owners who leave their keys in the ignition.

Edited by Moridin

LOL, "contents stolen from a vehicle" won't even get you an SAPS case number here...