New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 'the grass isn't always greener', my Mrs just showed me a FB post of some chic in Auckland who's parents' boat trailer was nicked out of Half Moon Bay parking lot. I've always been kek bang that that happens up in Northland, you can imagine how inconvenient it would be to get back from an overnighter to discover some feral's made off with the bloody trailer! Best pay the local Maori their 'koha', whack a pinlock on it and hope for the best...

Seems my application went in just in time, with any luck we will be NZ residents before the end of this year.

Also came across this yesterday - http://www.thefifthestate.com.au/urbanism/infrastructure/on-yer-bike-itll-make-you-a-happier-worker/85548

I start work in Auckland on 23 Jan, the idea is to use only my bicycle to get to work  :thumbup:

Today is the 1st day in over a week I haven't used my bike into work and it feels great to be able to do it. (I need my car today for shopping after work...haha)...

157km for this week thus far by bike (just commute ^_^)

Yip, fortunate enough to have a signed offer

Sorry to dig but need to ask a few more questions:

1. Did the company sponsor you or did you just apply with the job offer for your Visa

2. If you did apply for yourself is the company on their approved employers list or just a normal company?

I am hoping you applied and they are a normal company as that leaves us with some hope...

Probably the Heaphy Track, Kranswurm. I've not been to Nelson, there's a good chance you'll get there before me.

Hi

It is the Heaphy.Looks like a nice hike.One can do it on a bike as well but only in the winter months which will not suit my timing so a hike it will be.I am sure there are lots of mtb trails around that area as well.My cousins husband rides a lot so he will take me out.I will prob try and spend 3 to 4 weeks in Hobbit Land if I can

I have just finished my second week in my new position (Product Development Engineer) at my company. I am super chuffed!

I have also been able to spend three evenings this week riding or rowing - that's the beauty of daylight savings and a 4:00 finish time.

I dream of 4 pm finish times. Also found out that our new offices aren't going to have a shower so that rules out cycling to work

Sorry to dig but need to ask a few more questions:

1. Did the company sponsor you or did you just apply with the job offer for your Visa

2. If you did apply for yourself is the company on their approved employers list or just a normal company?

I am hoping you applied and they are a normal company as that leaves us with some hope...

No worries, happy to answer.

1.  The company is not sponsoring me, I am applying through a migration agent though.

2.  The company is on the approved employers list, so even if I did not qualify for a Residency Application I could fall back to applying for a Work (Talent) Visa as my salary will be above the required threshold and the company is on the approved list.

Hi

It is the Heaphy.Looks like a nice hike.One can do it on a bike as well but only in the winter months which will not suit my timing so a hike it will be.I am sure there are lots of mtb trails around that area as well.My cousins husband rides a lot so he will take me out.I will prob try and spend 3 to 4 weeks in Hobbit Land if I can

Kransie, I wish you the very best and I hope you enjoy your time immensely here in Gods Own Country. Make sure to get to Rotorua and the Redwoods...actually, this us a big place with lots of small hobbits, so just enjoy it all and have fun :)

EDITED cause I am on the rooiwyn, Australian one too, Penfolds, very naaice.

Edited by intern

Damn the road surfaces here are tough on road tires.

I basically had new ones on from back home and I haven't done much mileage at all yet and it is getting flat on top already.

I think I need to invest in another wheel set soon with training tires and the other for when I join 'group rides' and need to keep up :D

Cloth, toilet, hot water, you'll be fine. Dignity need not apply.

Make sure cleanup time is when the boss is visiting the bathroom..... showers get installed quick... :)

Damn the road surfaces here are tough on road tires.

I basically had new ones on from back home and I haven't done much mileage at all yet and it is getting flat on top already.

I think I need to invest in another wheel set soon with training tires and the other for when I join 'group rides' and need to keep up :D

You have been doing some baking ...  :whistling: