New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night for the 1st time in a very very long time I was so tired I had my hands on my knees from exhaustion!

Squash! I was begging for the game to end..hahaha!

Thanks WP for getting me into this!

If you really want to play and enjoy the game get some coaching before you develop bad habits

Great game squash, especially after a bad day..........not good for the knees though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by coppi

If you really want to play and enjoy the game get some coaching before you develop bad habits

Surfing lessons 1st :)

Would have liked to be on the green waves before winter hits properly, but I am running out of weekends with riding trips planned to Rotorua (EWS and Crankworks) end of this month and then the whole of April almost in USA...Sis and I are going to LA though for a bit of time in the water/on the boards :)

Anyone here do any kite surfing? We have done a couple of lessons now and are totally hooked.

It feels like a great way to get on the water close to home and when the wind is blowing (of course there has not been much in the last month or so. ????)

On another note - I haven't touched my bike for a few weeks, and even then just used it to commute to work.

I couldn't have imagined how different life would be here.

On another note - I haven't touched my bike for a few weeks, and even then just used it to commute to work.

I couldn't have imagined how different life would be here.

Similar story here. Since we've moved closer to the water most of my biking is along the footpath with my daughter on my commuter bike. Paddleboarding is my regular daily activity, and I'm doing windsurfing lessons on the weekends at our local yacht club. The club owns all the gear, so no need to buy my own until I'm at a decent level.

Anyone here do any kite surfing? We have done a couple of lessons now and are totally hooked.

It feels like a great way to get on the water close to home and when the wind is blowing (of course there has not been much in the last month or so. [emoji17])

i am actually quite keen to give this a go.

I'm far to aware of what I am good at and what I am not good at to give kite surfing a go. Flippen dangerous sport that. I also won't ever attempt paragliding, hang gliding or any other sport where lack of skill can result in death!

I'm far to aware of what I am good at and what I am not good at to give kite surfing a go. Flippen dangerous sport that. I also won't ever attempt paragliding, hang gliding or any other sport where lack of skill can result in death!

MTBing?

I heard the siren go this morning in my area and I thought it was for a tsunami warning....don't know why it went though

You might have heard the beachlands siren. Its a volunteer fire service, so the siren goes whenever there's an emergency. I'm sure there were several call-outs last night.

i am actually quite keen to give this a go.

It's huge fun so far...and this wind is perfect for it!