New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

I know this is a primary school. Thank goodness. Wayne being the savvy hard working guy that you are, surely you would also want your kids, when they are in high school, to know that sometimes you have to work late and sometimes you will be tired, but you need to show up the next day? For little laaities I agree, but some kids coming through high school nowadays, need a reality check that hard work hasn't killed too many kids in developed societies. Eksemaarnet.

There's a time and a place.  When you are 5, that's not it.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what does "TMO" mean?

should be TMI ( too much information )..........my Italian thinking again  :whistling:

No offence Wayne I understand why you did it, but we don't need to know all the personal details I think.........peace

should be TMI ( too much information )..........my Italian thinking again  :whistling:

No offence Wayne I understand why you did it, but we don't need to know all the personal details I think.........peace

Jeepers, mate. This thread had 127 pages of personal information and accounts of life. If you're just seeing it now, what have you been reading? Or if you've seen it before and been waiting for it to change... WHY?!

Hey guys and girls. 

I have a feeling it is just a matter of time before anyone or everyone throws their toys proper and posts get reported etc.

This thread (to me anyway) has a lot of knowledge and info etc.  Don't ruin it.

Like Wayne rightly said.  If you don't like what you are reading, move on.  It really is that simple.

Hey guys and girls.

I have a feeling it is just a matter of time before anyone or everyone throws their toys proper and posts get reported etc.

This thread (to me anyway) has a lot of knowledge and info etc. Don't ruin it.

Like Wayne rightly said. If you don't like what you are reading, move on. It really is that simple.

chips okes. It's the cops.

Just kidding.

Hey guys and girls. 

This thread (to me anyway) has a lot of knowledge and info etc.  Don't ruin it.

Like Wayne rightly said.  If you don't like what you are reading, move on.  It really is that simple.

It was because coppi mentioned anal, isn't it?

:w00t:

I like the personal side of it, emotional responses to a different environment is often the reason people come back. 

I like hearing about how life is different in NZ and the personal effect it has on people.

I like the personal side of it, emotional responses to a different environment is often the reason people come back.

I like hearing about how life is different in NZ and the personal effect it has on people.

Sure, but this thread is like faceshit. Don't dare bring up anything that may not fit into the perfectly happy lives of the expat regulars. Do not be fooled, people have their shît there too.

Well put... but not sure why you guys are even bothering with replies - it's a storm in a teacup, rules is rules.

And didn't know you guys had been appointed the NZ news agency...

Glad to see most of you are adapting pretty well, it's nice to know there are options out there (life goes on and all that) if things go pear shaped here (some reckon they already have).

My long term sticking points with NZ remain though - the weather (more my wife than me, I could probably make it work, but she's complaining about winter here already and apart from it dipping under 5 degrees some nights, the days are pretty awesome still), but more importantly our families - I just couldn't do it. I guess that may be why I choose to be so optimistic about SA and see the good instead of the obvious bad.

Good luck and keep making it work  :thumbup:

I think immigration has a lot to do with personality.  In the end you go to filter out all the noise and do what makes you happy! 

I don't think that NZ is the land of milk and honey - all you do is substitute your existing problems for some new ones, you also do add to your list of wonderful experiences and memories!

Your last sentence is similar to a fat guy eating a hamburger, chips and a diet coke and them complaining about his weight........... :eek: