New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Sunday 16th at woodhill at 9:30 am. My mrs will be joining us so feel free to invite as many noobs and guests.

A super slow talk a lotta crap ride to dust off the cobwebs.

Hayley, I'll give your bike a lift.

I think I'll get me and my wife there. She's only happy to do it because I said your wife is a noob. We have ridden one one weekend in more than a year.

Something amazing happened this week....I rode to work and back (if I make it back safe this afternoon) everyday this week :D That is 150km of commute this week thus far.

Rule #5 had to be applied a few mornings, but now that I know I am capable of arranging day activities/to do's around this I think I will do it more often. I do find myself to be more hungry too though.

Ok. Sunday 16th at woodhill at 9:30 am. My mrs will be joining us so feel free to invite as many noobs and guests.

A super slow talk a lotta crap ride to dust off the cobwebs.

Hayley, I'll give your bike a lift.

Sunday 16th, 0930 it is!

post-10758-0-15491500-1499142070_thumb.jpg

The view from my new office.

I'm going to have to get used to walking a lot more in this city. Between walking to work, home to fetch running gear, a 5km run along Quay Street (during my lunch break), walking to meetings then walking back home I did 17km.

Edited by patches

attachicon.gif20170704_161438.jpg

I'm going to have to get used to walking a lot more in this city. Between walking to work, home to fetch running gear, a 5km run along Quay Street (during my lunch break), walking to meetings then walking back home I did 17km.

Who hacked Patches's account?!?! Runnnniiinnnggg?

attachicon.gif20170704_161438.jpg

That cannot be NZ. People are walking OUTSIDE of the lines :eek:  

Many intersections in the city allow the Barnes Dance, allowing pedestrians to cross in any direction they choose, since traffic is stopped in all directions.

Many intersections in the city allow the Barnes Dance, allowing pedestrians to cross in any direction they choose, since traffic is stopped in all directions.

haha yup! the Intersection of Queens and Custom is just one such intersection.

They also have a countdown timer to when the vehicle flow resumes. It tests some people's sprinting ability, haha!

I had no idea that was named!

They're great for pedestrians... terrible for motorists.

The other day I had to drive just 2km in the city. It took me 20min. and not because there are too many cars, but more because the traffic lights take forever to turn green for cars, and it doesn't last very long.

I have been following this thread for a long time. Some very good information on here. I appreciate the honest opinions many of you have shared.

At last, I have my visitors visa approved and will be coming to Auckland at the end of July on a job finding mission - C# Developer.

I am extremely excited - hopefully, I will join the many happy ex-South Africans in New Zealand before the end of the year.

Thanks! Learnt something new

Anyone here going down to watch the America's Cup parade?

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2017/07/amercia-s-cup-parade-what-you-need-to-know/_jcr_content/par/image_1547143932.img.full.high.jpg/v0.jpg