New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

Yeah, that's the sum of it.

But then again, hindsight is 20/20.

Decisions have consequences and these ones have very serious ones for all of us....and bear in mind Jaconda said she decided to move to lockdown when an overseas friend of hers said 'do it now'. Hardly the basis for making such far reaching decisions (but then, let's also bear in mind that Jacinda hasn't ever had a real job, as a career politician she has only ever taken a paycheck from the public).

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is Ian Harrison's examination of the Treasury modelling.

http://www.tailrisk.co.nz/documents/Corona.pdf

Smart folk like Patches and Patham and Hayley and WP are likely to recognise, too, that modeling is just that: it is not the real world, it is a model, made by people, and therefore no more than an educated guess. How well educated rests on the soundness of the premises in the model, and it appears the premises in Treasury modelling weren't terrifically sound in the first instance.

Once we've 'eliminated' coronavirus, when do we start adding up the bodies of those who will suicide as their life savings evaporate? When their businesses close? Their livelihoods ripped away from them? Because like night follows day, that is coming.

I am still reeling at being excluded from the list of "smart folk".........

That's the worst opprobrium I have ever been dealt with :(

Oppo-who ? Is that a cellphone make and model ?

Never mind. I can hardly write "Deemed as second smartest person on internet forum, as voted by one other random forum member" on my CV.

Oppo-who ? Is that a cellphone make and model ?

Never mind. I can hardly write "Deemed as second smartest person on internet forum, as voted by one other random forum member" on my CV.

Why not?

I list all the participation medals from Nissan Trail Seeker 20km races on mine!

Edited by patches

Why not?

I list all the participation medals from Nissan Trail Seeker 20km races on mine!

I need a marketer ! Maybe I can say this on my CV after all:

Awarded frontrunner status in the 2020 merit based accolades program of the IFCCA (international focussed communications community association).

Sorry Steven the list was representative not comprehensive. Pretty sure I should have included DawieO there too, he's one the smartest mofos I know, so take comfort.

Why not?

Looks like we got ourselves a badass here folks.

Looks like we got ourselves a badass here folks.

Sometimes I wear them to work...

...but only on Fridays

Sometimes I wear them to work...

...but only on Fridays

Yeah I'm on to you. With lockdown, every day is Friday, right?

Anybody familiar with the MTB trails in Rotorua? Saw a map with some trails and recon best might be to get in touch with somebody familiar with these - quite keen on a trip to Rotorua once we are allowed

Page back 60 or a 100 pages in this thread (I'm just guessing - use the search function). I asked that exact question and got helpful feedback from the usual suspects.

Anybody familiar with the MTB trails in Rotorua? Saw a map with some trails and recon best might be to get in touch with somebody familiar with these - quite keen on a trip to Rotorua once we are allowed

Ah, I'd love some time there again. Must have changed quite a bit now since I was last there almost 2 years+9 months ago :D

So I was kinda put in charge as our companies COVID-19 champion.... Meaning I had to make the whole process on how to get us back into business and into the office, part of that a new remote induction of course... So I used the following to show what has changed in the Auckland office... https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=7WcwKLdwLVf&brand=0

If you guys want something like this for your own companies, check out BVT's LinkedIn page to see everything we can offer... There's more with regards to for plans, pop-up hand basins, etc.

So I was kinda put in charge as our companies COVID-19 champion.... Meaning I had to make the whole process on how to get us back into business and into the office, part of that a new remote induction of course... So I used the following to show what has changed in the Auckland office... https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=7WcwKLdwLVf&brand=0

If you guys want something like this for your own companies, check out BVT's LinkedIn page to see everything we can offer... There's more with regards to for plans, pop-up hand basins, etc.

Great work! Did you guys end up buying a Matterport or is this a test-drive?

We had 2 already. Was just asking about possible other solutions or what other people might be using in the industry.