New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

Just had a quick Google - Two Strokes, 1 Goal.

Fk, forget about shampoo, who passed that? 

Easy come, easy go, I suppose...

Hahaha marketing gimps.

Of which I am one...that's the sort of pap I have to write (in this case I did not write that pap).

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone on here looking for a bunk bed desk combo for their kids?

I bought and installed one for my daughter but she wants to go back to a normal bed.

Includes a mattress and fancy memory foam topper. The one we have is solid white and the pedestal thingy moves around on wheels.

I bought it new in April from these guys.

https://nzlifestyleimports.co.nz/product/miami-white-loft-bunk-single-bed-desk/

$500 to a hubber for everything.

Hey fellow Saffers in Kiwi-land!

A mate and I were bike hunting on TradeMe and found it really frustrating to determine vital info like frame and wheel size. We're also tired of being rushed 8% on TM success fees.

We missed the brilliantly considered structure of The Hub's classifieds, of which there is no equivalent in NZ.

... so we attempted to make one!

post-10758-0-97924400-1605777740_thumb.png

https://pedl.co.nz/

Disclaimer: This is nowhere near as refined and well-built as The Hub. It is also not intended to replace The Hub. It's solely a New Zealand thing, brainstormed by 2 Saffer MTBers living in NZ, who have day jobs (thank goodness) as they have minimal web development experience.

Yo N Zealand hubbers. Mate of mine in Auckland wants to buy a Garmin 530 (or similar). He's new to mountain biking and wants to be able to load routes and use the device for navigation. I would like to point him in the right direction. Any advice on decent shops / online stores to use?

Yo N Zealand hubbers. Mate of mine in Auckland wants to buy a Garmin 530 (or similar). He's new to mountain biking and wants to be able to load routes and use the device for navigation. I would like to point him in the right direction. Any advice on decent shops / online stores to use?

In order of retailer size/popularity...

Torpedo7

EvoCycles

99Bikes

KiwiVelo

Those 3 should have what he's looking for.

Hope that helps!

Hey fellow Saffers in Kiwi-land!

A mate and I were bike hunting on TradeMe and found it really frustrating to determine vital info like frame and wheel size. We're also tired of being rushed 8% on TM success fees.

We missed the brilliantly considered structure of The Hub's classifieds, of which there is no equivalent in NZ.

... so we attempted to make one!

attachicon.gifPedl Post_007.png

https://pedl.co.nz/

Disclaimer: This is nowhere near as refined and well-built as The Hub. It is also not intended to replace The Hub. It's solely a New Zealand thing, brainstormed by 2 Saffer MTBers living in NZ, who have day jobs (thank goodness) as they have minimal web development experience.

Hey Patches

I get the intro pop up, but when I close it, the site disappears?

On android.

Hey Patches

On android.

By which I mean I get directed to Google.

Hey Patches

On android.

By which I mean I get directed to Google.

Hi Dave

Yeah the pop-up requires one to accept, then it should let you through. A few others have had the same issue, so we may remove it.

Thanks for the heads-up

EDIT: Pop-up removed  :thumbup:

Edited by patches

Yep, in now.

Good job...

Surprised at the number of ads you have already.  Will try and spread this about as best I can...

Those are just TradeMe reposts that we put up to add content and give it a feel :lol:

We're hoping it will organically grow and eventually users will start posting ads there and we won't have to do the legwork. Once listed they post a listing, the idea is that they will share it to one/more of the many NZ cycling FB groups.

Edited by patches

Hi Dave

Yeah the pop-up requires one to accept, then it should let you through. A few others have had the same issue, so we may remove it.

Thanks for the heads-up

EDIT: Pop-up removed  :thumbup:

Can you extend to Aussie?

Can you extend to Aussie?

Hahaha! Maybe oneday. We have very little clue as to what we're doing, so Oceanic expansion may be catastrophic right now.

But yeah, I'm gather the Hubbers in Aus are also longing for something even half as good as the Hub's classified section.

We really had it good on that front in SA!

Nov 25th?

Good for me

I'm in. I use the ferry home so anywhere on the viaduct/waterfront/wynyard is good for me. I work @ 104 Fanshawe.

Still on for Wednesday?

I have squash after work, but finish up around 6:30 and can head over 

Still on for Wednesday?

I have squash after work, but finish up around 6:30 and can head over 

I am a little sick with some bug at the moment. In fact, going for my first Covid test today,

So unless I show major signs of improvement, I doubt I will make this one as I am pretty sure none of you want to catch my germs.

However, if things improve, then I am totally in.

I am a little sick with some bug at the moment. In fact, going for my first Covid test today,

So unless I show major signs of improvement, I doubt I will make this one as I am pretty sure none of you want to catch my germs.

However, if things improve, then I am totally in.

Sorry to hear Wayne. A runny-nose is not as socially acceptable as it used to be, hahaha!

Let us know what the nose probe is like! Feel better soon!