New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still available.  Had thought it was Thursday but obviously I got the date wrong!

Happy for either.

Thursday may work better for me as I can head over straight after work (and won't be all sweaty from squash :lol: )

Happy for either!

Thursday may work better for me as I can head over straight after work (and won't be all sweaty from squash :lol: )

Happy for either!

I had also thought it was Thursday, which works better for me.

But either is good. Looks like rain will get in the way of my Wednesday evening ride at Riverhead anyway.

I am a little sick with some bug at the moment. In fact, going for my first Covid test today,

So unless I show major signs of improvement, I doubt I will make this one as I am pretty sure none of you want to catch my germs.

However, if things improve, then I am totally in.

Reckon you caught man flu from me after that video call. I've been so sick the last week it's ridiculous...haven't even been able to get out on my 2 smoker, although I do feel like I have figured jetting out as I've had some time to sit with the manual and YouTube...

I'm still available.  Had thought it was Thursday but obviously I got the date wrong!

Happy for either.

Happy for either!

I had also thought it was Thursday, which works better for me.

But either is good. Looks like rain will get in the way of my Wednesday evening ride at Riverhead anyway.

Thursday is better for me too.

Back to work only today after a week at Jury service! 

In the new house we will only have a single garage, going down from a double now.

We are already thinking of how we will store everything (mainly bikes x 4, windsurf x 3, bike trailer etc.). What are you guys doing now? We need all bikes to be accessible on a daily basis (because we use different ones during the week) and it needs to be weather proof (=dry). One car will still go into the garage too, so it seems bikes will have to get a shed. I have found these options for some inspiration but keen to know what you guys are doing? Maybe some smart way of getting it all into the garage...

post-24697-0-03950400-1606167220_thumb.jpg

post-24697-0-26470900-1606167244_thumb.jpg

post-24697-0-91069900-1606167257_thumb.jpg

Edited by hayleyearth

In the new house we will only have a single garage, going down from a double now.

We are already thinking of how we will store everything (mainly bikes x 4, windsurf x 3, bike trailer etc.). What are you guys doing now? We need all bikes to be accessible on a daily basis (because we use different ones during the week) and it needs to be weather proof (=dry). One car will still go into the garage too, so it seems bikes will have to get a shed. I have found these options for some inspiration but keen to know what you guys are doing? Maybe some smart way of getting it all into the garage...

That last shed is amazing. 

We also were considering one a while back as I prefer the bikes to stand on the wheels rather than be hung up.

If you can get away with a little extra width in the single garage, you may be able to squeeze something like the Steadyrack system and a car in.

I have a single "garage" (technically a carport with a front and back door).

post-10758-0-19957200-1606169920_thumb.jpg

Whilst I don't have a car to park in it, I do have some 600mm deep warehouse racking running along the left side. Were that not there, I think a car would fit in.

post-10758-0-60983200-1606170064_thumb.jpg

The racks swing like doors and bikes can be stashed pretty close to the walls, and swung out when needed. They can also overlap to minimise the length of wall required.

We also were considering one a while back as I prefer the bikes to stand on the wheels rather than be hung up.

Yeah, that is helpful. My Trek (black) is fine as it gets used pretty often, whereas my Morewood (red) is seldom used so the brakes need a bleed after hanging upright for about 18 months.

Ride your bike more dammit

I ride Woodhill most weekends (when I'm not immersed in tradie duties), but I like the luxury of 12sp and 160mm travel for that. so the little bike never gets invited along.

I did stumble upon a little dirt jump spot about 2km from home. Perfect for dusting off the little bike. The pap brakes had other plans, so I just shelved it again  :ph34r: 

It is quite sad to say that all but 1 does not have suspension, so I will be okay to hang them. Then again, 'soon' there might be a little bike to add to the shed and at this current rate it will have suspension :) 

If you can get away with a little extra width in the single garage, you may be able to squeeze something like the Steadyrack system and a car in.

attachicon.gif20191127_111547.jpg

Whilst I don't have a car to park in it, I do have some 600mm deep warehouse racking running along the left side. Were that not there, I think a car would fit in.

attachicon.gif20190720_165311.jpg

The racks swing like doors and bikes can be stashed pretty close to the walls, and swung out when needed. They can also overlap to minimise the length of wall required.

I have been looking for the Steady Rack here in SA but no-one supplies them. They are freaking expensive to import but the perfect rack

attachicon.gif20191127_111547.jpg

attachicon.gif20190720_165311.jpg

I see you have a healthy Renthal "problem"

I see you have a healthy Renthal "problem"

It used to be far worse :ph34r:  ...

post-10758-0-66926100-1606335615_thumb.jpg

post-10758-0-89723600-1606335638_thumb.jpg

The trials bike (far left) was the only one in the last 6-7yrs not to get the Renthal treatment.