New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

Thanks 

I might just have something...

I have a Morewood Sukuma trail bike that is gathering dust. You're welcome to take it for a few weeks of test riding to see it it fits and if he likes it.

EDIT:

I also have a Morewood 4X prototype, that would be a great fit. I'm not too keen on selling, but it's also gathering dust and he's welcome to use it while he grows.

Thanks!

What would you want for the Sukuma?

Its a 26 inch Dual right?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy New Year all you SafriKiwis/aussies.

Back at work today and I am already over it.

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.

On another note WP, we went to a Honda Kids Moto Camp this last weekend and man, I can heartily, heartily recommend it. Fun for the whole family, kids skills advanced massively, plenty chance for the Mrs and I to cut a few hot laps in between, and being at Lake Rotoiti each day ended with a swim and a few beers. I thought of you guys and how much you'd enjoy being a part of that.

Next one is in Taupo over the weekend of 12 Feb...more info here

https://www.poweradventures.co.nz/page.asp?id=328

Thanks 

Thanks!

What would you want for the Sukuma?

Its a 26 inch Dual right?

Yup! 26" dual. It's a large though, but more a medium by today's bike standards.

Fork: 160mm Rockshox Lyrik

Shock: Fox Float CTD Kashima

Drivetrain: Shimano XT 1x10 with One-Up Range Extender cassette. XTR cranks

Brakes: Hope Tech 2 Evo 4 pot

Wheels: Spank Spike rims on Hope Pro 2 straight pull hubs (in the Team edition green)

Bars: Renthal Fatbar

Stem: Easton Havoc

Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb 125mm dropper post.

post-10758-0-25739800-1610323555_thumb.jpg

So overall it's a nicely specced bike. It could probably do with a once-over (particularly dialling in gears and servicing dropper), but rideable in current state.

As mentioned, I'm more than happy for him to test ride it for a few weeks and see if it fits and if he enjoys it. We can then discuss price and what you think is fair, but it'll definitely be under $1000.

EDIT: I supposed he's not quite tall enough for the upsell... a Husky 350 enduro bike that's taking up valuable garage space  :ph34r: :lol:

Edited by patches

Yup! 26" dual. It's a large though, but more a medium by today's bike standards.

Fork: 160mm Rockshox Lyrik

Shock: Fox Float CTD Kashima

Drivetrain: Shimano XT 1x10 with One-Up Range Extender cassette. XTR cranks

Brakes: Hope Tech 2 Evo 4 pot

Wheels: Spank Spike rims on Hope Pro 2 straight pull hubs (in the Team edition green)

Bars: Renthal Fatbar

Stem: Easton Havoc

Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb 125mm dropper post.

attachicon.gif20150403_123013.jpg

So overall it's a nicely specced bike. It could probably do with a once-over (particularly dialling in gears and servicing dropper), but rideable in current state.

As mentioned, I'm more than happy for him to test ride it for a few weeks and see if it fits and if he enjoys it. We can then discuss price and what you think is fair, but it'll definitely be under $1000.

EDIT: I supposed he's not quite tall enough for the upsell... a Husky 350 enduro bike that's taking up valuable garage space  :ph34r: :lol:

I will take you up on your offer. for the bicycle, not the Husky :)

Thank you very much.

If I can get something that he will grow into, that would be epic, so I am keen to see how he feels on it.

Ill message you to arrange pickup deets!

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!

Pretty sure I have done all off Riverhead at least 10 times over, at least the gravel sections  :blush: . The main gravel roads are nice for just exercise, but you need to get into the woods for the fun stuff (only. I have done some of them, but no matter what time of year you go, it is muddy.

The 'downhill' section across the main road down the bottom is a lot of fun, but can be scary (much more difficult than the black trails at Woodhill)

Who has ridden Riverhead before?

Yup, ridden there before. Not extensively, but a bit on the West Coast Riders Club (WCRC) side and the Barlow road end.

post-10758-0-17840300-1610326321_thumb.png

Some awesome trails! I do believe they become unrideable over the winter (leaving Woodhill as about the location of choice for most during that time), but from chatting with a colleague (who rides 2-3x a week) he far prefers Riverhead to Woodhill during the summer.

Edited by patches

Pretty sure I have done all off Riverhead at least 10 times over, at least the gravel sections  :blush: . The main gravel roads are nice for just exercise, but you need to get into the woods for the fun stuff (only. I have done some of them, but no matter what time of year you go, it is muddy.

The 'downhill' section across the main road down the bottom is a lot of fun, but can be scary (much more difficult than the black trails at Woodhill)

Yup, ridden there before. Not extensively, but a bit on the West Coast Riders Club (WCRC) side and the Barlow road end.

attachicon.gifRiverhead.PNG

Some awesome trails! I do believe they become unrideable over the winter (leaving Woodhill as about the location of choice for most during that time), but from chatting with a colleague (who rides 2-3x a week) he far prefers Riverhead to Woodhill during the summer.

Might need to take the boyo out there to explore those gravel roads...

Thanks Gents.

I concur. The West Coast Riders Club stuff is a level up from most of the black trails at Woodhill.

And the trails I've ridden in the main section (Baconator, Communal, Samtastic etc) are a lot more raw and techy than Woodhill. A fair bit of off-camber descending switchbacks etc. Loads of fun though.

Clippies rides there most Wednesdays with his boys, if you can hunt him down via search. I'd say drop me a message and I'll drop you his number but messages seem to have disappeared.

I've ridden there over winter, a strategic (and muddy) mistake, but for me it is a ride-through turn around point for a training ride I do rather than a destination... so I know the main roads, but the forest seems riddled with tracks.

26 June 2024 for us...

FYI - 7-12 month processing window for Citizenship Applications.

Cost $1,400+- for the family of 4

The process times are a lottery from what I have seen.

Some people get it in 3 months and other wait over 20. 

If you are on the priority list, different story.

Still great to be able to apply...... Congrats