Can someone identify this bike Dunlop model?

Charlenator

Yep, do NOT buy this bike if you intend doing anything other than letting the garden guy get milk from the corner cafe and you can get it for less than 200 bucks!

You WILL be frustrated as soon as you start riding with anyone who has a bike they did not get from a discount store and will not be able to sell it on....

Please listen to everyone and dont buy that bike. The only time it will be ok is if you want to take a nice slow ride around the block on tar roads.

Even then it might well fall apart.

I can guarantee you that the gears will never work properly, the wheels will go out of true within a few weeks and the pedals will break. If you live at the coast, expect the wheels to turn red within 6months (yip it rusts)

That bike will handle the occasional trip around the block and nothing else. If that's what you will be doing with it, then fine.

Against my advice, a friend bought something similar. He had to true the wheels 4 times in the first few months. The brakes squealed non stop. His gears never changed properly and the chain kept getting jammed between the front chainring.

Yes, they really are that bad.

Edited by Eugene

Wow and I thought I was getting a good deal haha. Thanx for the advice everyone I will certainly be looking elsewhere. What could I be looking to get for up to +- R2000? I'll be commuting within a radius of about 5km (minimum 2km daily and up to about 5km once a week to go to friends and all that) all on quite smooth tar roads and sidewalks.I will be using it for about a year while I'm saving up for a motorcycle or a much better bicycle. Thanks in advance.

Wow and I thought I was getting a good deal haha. Thanx for the advice everyone I will certainly be looking elsewhere. What could I be looking to get for up to +- R2000? I'll be commuting within a radius of about 5km (minimum 2km daily and up to about 5km once a week to go to friends and all that) all on quite smooth tar roads and sidewalks.I will be using it for about a year while I'm saving up for a motorcycle or a much better bicycle. Thanks in advance.

Know its a bit out of your price range, but its an amazing deal.

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/164170-2012-giant-talon-0-26er/

That does look like a very good deal, I've read some good things about Giant. I could go for something a little more pricy (perhaps 4k at the very most) however then I would need to save up for longer by which time that specific bike will undoubtedly be sold. So would you suggest that I rather buy after another month or 2, or could I realistically get away with about R2000?

Hi. I'm buying this bike next week,but I cannot seem to find any info on it other than that it's a Dunlop sport bike.I tried searching for dunlop sani but didn't find any relevant results.

http://www.olx.co.za/ad/dunlop-sport-bicycle-ID15Ga5m.html

Thank you.

A friend did a race with me on a similar bike, I will always remember that afterwards he complained that he was the only person who had to pedal downhill.....!

Yea make him an offer and see what happens. If it falls through, just keep an eye on the classifieds. Good deals are always popping up

A friend did a race with me on a similar bike, I will always remember that afterwards he complained that he was the only person who had to pedal downhill.....!

Those who have been around here for a long time (or are into road biking in ct) may recall Donkey. He did a short mtb race on one of these a while ago (years) and came stone last. He's the type of guy that tows his whole team on the 100 miler, and represented SA at student world champs in China in (I think) 2012, so he's no slouch...

Bike was completely stuffed afterwards

Hi. I'm buying this bike next week,but I cannot seem to find any info on it other than that it's a Dunlop sport bike.I tried searching for dunlop sani but didn't find any relevant results.

http://www.olx.co.za/ad/dunlop-sport-bicycle-ID15Ga5m.html

Thank you.

If someone had to give me that bike I would swear at them and tell him about his mothers genitals.

I would then ask the idiot if they're too lazy to go to the dump and dump it themselves.

Do not buy that rubbish unless you offer a dump service and are collecting the rest of their *** as well.