Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

yep - I saw it at the launch, but waiting for the FULL launch sometime in the first quarter of next year before I hop on board. There are LOADS of rides / races / competitions on there. 

Oh - and if you have a med aid with an MSA through Disco, and you want to buy a new sports watch, you can get up to R 700 refunded through the MSA if you buy them through the Clicks & Dischem portals. 

They don't stock them at the moment (that I know of) but it could be that they're going to stock them in the future...

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much I think from what it says, up to a maximum R3000 per quarter, might not be as much back as you think, as some of those races are over R3000.. but could be a good chunk of it paid back if the races are on their selected list 

I went through the list of races that this 50% discount applies to and I could not find one that I plan to do.

No Stage races appear on the list

I went through the list of races that this 50% discount applies to and I could not find one that I plan to do.

No Stage races appear on the list

where did you find the list?... as thought was not out until early next year.

You can phone them and on page on I mention only a few in Gauteng and mp. List to be confirmed early next year and you can only join 1 February 2015

you’ll get up to 50% cash back on a maximum of R3 000 you spend in a quarter.

Right so you will only get UP to 50% OF the R3000.00 you spend on entries, So if you spend R3000.00 per quarter on races,  Then only will you get UP to R1500.00 back per quarter.

That's how I read it.

Right so you will only get UP to 50% OF the R3000.00 you spend on entries, So if you spend R3000.00 per quarter on races,  Then only will you get UP to R1500.00 back per quarter.

That's how I read it.

correctomondo

My NMG consultant had a information brouchure which listed the races when she came to explain the changes for 2015.

She only had one copy so I could not keep it.

94.7 won't be on the list (probably), Sponsored by Momentum

Momentum's multiply are going to have to up their game to compete with Discovery now.. people like cash back and not just discount on your monthly premiums.

yep - I saw it at the launch, but waiting for the FULL launch sometime in the first quarter of next year before I hop on board. There are LOADS of rides / races / competitions on there. 

Oh - and if you have a med aid with an MSA through Disco, and you want to buy a new sports watch, you can get up to R 700 refunded through the MSA if you buy them through the Clicks & Dischem portals. 

They don't stock them at the moment (that I know of) but it could be that they're going to stock them in the future...

Yes but why would you want to use your medical savings for stuff like that. Then later when you want to go to the doc you have to pay out of pocket. Rather just get your healthy gear card, do the tests so you get your 25% back from Sportsmans Warehouse (they are taking the place of Adidas as a cash back partner from the beginning of the year)and you'll be getting back more than R700 if you go buy a high end Garmin or Polar. My opinion at least.

That's how I read it.

yes but only if the race is on Discovery's list.

Yes but why would you want to use your medical savings for stuff like that. Then later when you want to go to the doc you have to pay out of pocket. Rather just get your healthy gear card, do the tests so you get your 25% back from Sportsmans Warehouse (they are taking the place of Adidas as a cash back partner from the beginning of the year)and you'll be getting back more than R700 if you go buy a high end Garmin or Polar. My opinion at least.

In addition to...

It works out nicely for those guys who don't claim that much from their day to day stuff, and always have rollover MSA at the end of the year. I just need to check if the Dischem / clicks portals are going to be added to the healthy gear list, as they already have a large range of fitness aids...

Then it'd be R 750 from MSA, 25% off through Healthy Gear. 

edit: R 750 from R 700

Also - confirmed that the devices at Clicks & disc hem will qualify for the 25% off through the HealthyCare benefit. So you'd be scoring...

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

In addition to...

It works out nicely for those guys who don't claim that much from their day to day stuff, and always have rollover MSA at the end of the year. I just need to check if the Dischem / clicks portals are going to be added to the healthy gear list, as they already have a large range of fitness aids...

Then it'd be R 750 from MSA, 25% off through Healthy Gear. 

edit: R 750 from R 700

Also - confirmed that the devices at Clicks & disc hem will qualify for the 25% off through the HealthyCare benefit. So you'd be scoring...

from what i can see the healthy gear refund only applies to Adidas gear, so a polar or anything else is excluded