Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Anyone else buy shoes on the Shoe Booster benefit? If yes, have you been paid out for your 10-25% yet.

Below is a screen shot of the shoes I bought, at Sportsman's Warehouse, and the latest reply from them. Perhaps someone can enlighten me on that funny looking icon that has the word Discovery on it... I'm assuming it is related to the cash back at SWH or is it the transaction for Discovery Miles.

Gerald, we do apologise for the delay as this query is taking longer than we had anticipated. We're awaiting for Sportsmans Warehouse to resend us this transaction to resolve this query as your running shoes reflected as a non-qualifying item on our system, hence no cashback was allocated once this was calculated. We will provide you with feedback as soon as that has been made available to us. We appreciate your continued patience.

Thanks.

0ce7209bd6c9863a8a76a598751d3ed7.jpg

Hi Gerald

The way I see it the 10, 15, 25% cash back actually has nothing to do with the Shoe Booster, but it is the normal cash back for the Healthy Gear. I've bought a number of items with the Vitality Healthy Gear logo (as shown on the screen capture), both online and in the shop and have always gotten the cash back. It is, however, only once the billing cycle is complete. From their reply it does look like they didn't pick it up as a Healthy Gear item and I'm sure it will be sorted.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gerald

The way I see it the 10, 15, 25% cash back actually has nothing to do with the Shoe Booster, but it is the normal cash back for the Healthy Gear. I've bought a number of items with the Vitality Healthy Gear logo (as shown on the screen capture), both online and in the shop and have always gotten the cash back. It is, however, only once the billing cycle is complete. From their reply it does look like they didn't pick it up as a Healthy Gear item and I'm sure it will be sorted.

I'm sure there is a gremlin in the system, but it's the ignorance to the problems, or failing to accept they have a problem, that winds me up.

It started when I queried why the cash back wasn't paid. To make sure I understood their system, I asked when the cut off was for the month for cash back (30th, was the reply).

Considering I activated the benefit on the 23rd, and purchased on the 25th, I then queried the non-payment. And also how they pick up that I've purchased an item for the shoe booster. No answer yet on how they pick it up, but this could explain why I'm having a problem.

First they said I didn't use the Healthy Gear card, no wait... They asked if I purchased the shoes before the benefit was active, then said I didn't use the Healthy Gear card.

Then it was the shoe that wasn't on the list of qualifying shoes, and then last night's reply. I asked (probably a dumb question) what they meant by qualifying shoes - which they haven't answered yet.

I then asked why I haven't received anything from Team Vitality - the welcome email, wiCode for the shirt/vest and discount vouchers (not that I'll use it). "You need to send Team Vitality an email to query that.". A couple weeks later and they (Team Vitality) can't tell me why.

At least they resolved my cash back queries for the races I've done, and anyone that did the Carnival City Macsteel National Classic.

I'm sure there is a gremlin in the system, but it's the ignorance to the problems, or failing to accept they have a problem, that winds me up.

It started when I queried why the cash back wasn't paid. To make sure I understood their system, I asked when the cut off was for the month for cash back (30th, was the reply).

Considering I activated the benefit on the 23rd, and purchased on the 25th, I then queried the non-payment. And also how they pick up that I've purchased an item for the shoe booster. No answer yet on how they pick it up, but this could explain why I'm having a problem.

First they said I didn't use the Healthy Gear card, no wait... They asked if I purchased the shoes before the benefit was active, then said I didn't use the Healthy Gear card.

Then it was the shoe that wasn't on the list of qualifying shoes, and then last night's reply. I asked (probably a dumb question) what they meant by qualifying shoes - which they haven't answered yet.

I then asked why I haven't received anything from Team Vitality - the welcome email, wiCode for the shirt/vest and discount vouchers (not that I'll use it). "You need to send Team Vitality an email to query that.". A couple weeks later and they (Team Vitality) can't tell me why.

At least they resolved my cash back queries for the races I've done, and anyone that did the Carnival City Macsteel National Classic.

I honestly understand your frustration as I've had similar struggles with Telkom, MTN and various others, but for some reason I've not had any problems with Discovery - maybe I shouldn't say that out loud here... :ph34r:

My workouts goes through from My Edge 500, 800 and the FR15 without fail (using Garmin Connect) and when I did the Barberton race a couple of weeks ago I realised the results were out because I got the 1500 Vitality points on the evening of the race (updated automatically). In addition I've always gotten the cash back for Healthy Gear purchases and I received my running shirt within two weeks of joining the club! :clap:

I really hope you get sorted and I trust that it will as in my experience they are not the worst out there...

Edited by HOEKVLAG

Definitely a gremlin in the system.

I activated the shoe booster on Tuesday, got the welcome email etc yesterday and collected welcome pack today and got the speedcross.

Will wait on cash back now, hopefully at the end of this month.

Hi Gerald

I also purchased running shoes - no cash back, even after activating the booster etc.

I bought a pair of shorts on the same day, different store - got 25% on that.

The mind boggles...

Im still waiting for my 947 and amashova cash back.

Tick tok tick tok ....

Im phoning again tomorrow for a follow up.

I also purchased running shoes - no cash back, even after activating the booster etc.

I bought a pair of shorts on the same day, different store - got 25% on that.

The mind boggles...

please query this, by email and send me the reference number. Assuming of course the shoes show the Vitality logo on the website.

I have contact Barry Sundelson (COO for Vitality and Card) and would like to show it's their problem and they should stop blaming everyone but themselves.

Im still waiting for my 947 and amashova cash back.

Tick tok tick tok ....

Im phoning again tomorrow for a follow up.

you may have already answered it previously, but cash back depends when your payment cycle is. Mine is the 19th of the month, when all cash back, card statements, and other payments are awarded.

I expect to see it in 10 days from now.

My question with the shoe booster is can you specify which shoes you want the cash back on.

My son needs new shoes now which will be +- R600.  I don't want the booster activated on those as I'd like to get myself a new pair of trail shoes later in the year which will be well over R1k.

Maybe I must just time the activation right.

My question with the shoe booster is can you specify which shoes you want the cash back on.

My son needs new shoes now which will be +- R600.  I don't want the booster activated on those as I'd like to get myself a new pair of trail shoes later in the year which will be well over R1k.

Maybe I must just time the activation right.

All you can do is activate shoe booster and you have 30 days in which to buy the shoes.  So I would buy the shoes for your son and just get the 25% back.  Then later in the year activate the booster just before you decide to buy your shoes.

Edited by shaper

Mine also came through this morning...

Got your PM, thanks. 

How many days after the purchase did you wait before today's payment came through?

I'm sure that initial 25% (If you have the Healthy gear card and have done the fitness assessment) is not 25% of the purchase price of the shoes. My 25% is on a maximum of R2000, so at max, i get R500 back. I looked into this when purchasing my Forerunner 735XT.

And even then, i don't know how many times one can get 25% off of how many R2k purchases. ie, I'm not too clued up on how the billing cycle works.