Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Veebee helped me out with the below suggestion.

change to the high performance category, this will solve your issues. Your goal will increase to 1200 points but it will be easier to achieve.

https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/vitality-fitness-table-elite-sep-2016

attachicon.gif disco high.jpg

GRIPE 1: Disco says i'm not eligible for high-perf due being on medication for "lung disease".

GRIPE 2: changed employer and Disco merrily continued debiting former employer.  

Now, after 6 months of hassling, the money still hasn't been refunded.  PITA of note.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.trekkinn.com/outdoor-mountain/computers-and-gps-fitness---training/3001/s

Tomtom runner /spark 3 with cardio for about R 2300 . They were R 3000 a few months ago. I have one . Had a few small hiccups that went away once I upgraded the software.You put it on your computer every now and then. It was nothing serious.

GPS and other features for gym indoor cycling etc. Links to Discovery. Plenty reviews on the web.

I bought mine elsewhere . I don't know this company myself.

Hi, looking for a entry level GPS watch for cycling for Discovery.Thanks.

Got a Tom Tom Runner 3 Cardio+Music for R2250 still in good condition. Retail price is R3000.

What comments on the Garmin vivosmart HR+ ??

I got one recently and I'm not impressed. I tested it once while doing Cadence training on a stationary bike - average HR according to the chest strap was 160 bpm, according to Vivosmart the average was only 99 bpm. At times the two readings corresponded exactly, but then the Vivosmart seems to "lose signal" and just showed a steady 80 - 90 while the chest strap still showed 160+.

It may be that my veins are too deep for the optic sensor to work properly, but I'm disappointed.

so i'm thinking of activating the shoe booster, is it working correctly or should i rather not waste my time?

Hi guys, need some advice, will the Polar M200 M/L work for cycling and with Vitality?Thanks

Hi, not sure about M200, but I use the M400 with HR monitor and works well with Vitality and also linked to Strava if you want to go that route.  Easy to do daily update with Polar app on Samsung. Cost about R3K at Due South.

so i'm thinking of activating the shoe booster, is it working correctly or should i rather not waste my time?

Mine is now working, 3x months already paid back.

IIRC, there was a 3 month period where one could choose any pair of running shoes, then it will be limited to certain brands. Mid Jan-Feb and Mar, so I'm guessing the 3-month period is over.

mine has worked fine for 2 months now, so safe to say you can go for it.

Mine is now working, 3x months already paid back.

IIRC, there was a 3 month period where one could choose any pair of running shoes, then it will be limited to certain brands. Mid Jan-Feb and Mar, so I'm guessing the 3-month period is over.

When the advertising first came out i saw this an hence why i waited till the 3 months were finished to see if my desired shoe falls into their allowable category, but i can't seem to find which shoes are excluded and which are acceptable, anyone know more on this?

When the advertising first came out i saw this an hence why i waited till the 3 months were finished to see if my desired shoe falls into their allowable category, but i can't seem to find which shoes are excluded and which are acceptable, anyone know more on this?

I would think all the ones with the vitality sticker https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/products/running-road-running-1#filters|sort_most-recent

The three months thing was *probably based on an agreement with SWH and the shoe brands distributors, i.e. bring in a certain quantity of each brand, based on what they thought they would move.

*probably is my speculation and not based on any fact at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flight Booster feedback from Disco:

"We've picked up that the Flight Booster cash backs are currently not paying out due to a system error. We are still investigating this issue, and unfortunately we have no turnaround time for a resolution.

Once this issue has been resolved, we'll process all outstanding payments to our members.

We appreciate your continued patience in the interim.

Regards,

DV"