Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

But you won't get a R100 voucher every 3rd week.

The spins will be calculated to only pay out what in their budget.

Yes somebody will eventually win the holiday but by that time Vitality would have saved double or triple the money.

At R50 a smoothie we were getting 6 for a 3 week cycle = R300

Now even if you get the R100 voucher you still short:

3 x R50 smoothies + R100 voucher = R250

They made it sound like it so much better but they screwing us. They must have taken some lessons from our current government but managed to put more sugar on it,

2 people already have according to their FB page. SUPER JELLY

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a really great team. Got 2 coffees every week without fail. Now i will get only get 1 per week with a “ surprise” cup every third week. Anyway, I suppose I dont mind getting screwed, it like my ever expanding self payment gap, I guess. But it irritates when they naai you and dress it up with nice spin so you get excited about it. Surprise spin se gat. I got another coffee. No exotic holiday or belly dancer for me. Ah well, maybe in 3 weeks.

Liesl Laurie, sure!

Personally I will take a R100 PnP voucher over a R40 smoothie, even if am only getting it once every 3 weeks !!

Bicycling mag - R38

Ride mag - same

Sterri stumpy

Money gone! 

Yep... lucky fish!!

https://www.facebook.com/discoveryvitality/

Congratulations to our first two #VitalityActiveRewards grand prize winners, Neezaam Ryklief and Azfaar Gaffoor. They’ve both won British Airwaysflights and Europcar South Africa hire to any destination of their choice in SA. There are more grand prizes up for grabs this week. If you’ve achieved your goal streak, make sure you’ve downloaded the latest version of the Discovery app to redeem your prize!

Yip, I heard after I posted that 2 people had won.

@shaper I also have trained for many years without getting anything back from Vitality.

I do however get free membership to 1 x VA as long as I meet my yearly goal.

Would still continue to train even if they did away with the incentive.

Definitely wouldn't spend R50 or R100 a week on smoothies. 

IMO rewards in general are there to lure people (Vitality, eBucks, etc) and once they created enough awareness they start to pull back little by little. 

Yip, I heard after I posted that 2 people had won.

@shaper I also have trained for many years without getting anything back from Vitality.

I do however get free membership to 1 x VA as long as I meet my yearly goal.

Would still continue to train even if they did away with the incentive.

Definitely wouldn't spend R50 or R100 a week on smoothies. 

IMO rewards in general are there to lure people (Vitality, eBucks, etc) and once they created enough awareness they start to pull back little by little. 

Hook, line and s(t)inker

I fail to see where you are being screwed when you were getting something for nothing, which you previously did not have?

I also think you need to check your maths

You are loosing 3 x 50 = R150

You are gaining R100 PnP (if it happens to be that)

So technically you are being "screwed" out of R50 and not R250

But am ok with that as my life was just fine and I did not die or could not go on before the introduction of the smoothies... and I am only really having the smoothies because am given them.... before the rewards system. I went with out !!

So I re-iterate, I personally prefer to have the R100 PnP voucher (if I win one) rather than a smoothie that I don't really need as the PnP voucher has more impact in my pocket... even if technically am being "screwed" by R50

Shaper, I hear you and actually agree with you. I am also pretty phlegmatic about the loss of a couple of coffees per se, but the “event” is part of (what I perceive as) a general trend. Higher premiums, higher co-payments, refusal to pay for chronic meds which are not on Discovery’s generics approved list, Mad self payment gaps.

Put another way. We sell our workout data to Discovery for smoothies, Apple watches, and boosted flights and shoes. Now they are paying less for the same data. Ergo, they win.

And, I think those PnP vouchers will be few and far between.

Checked my vitality page in the app - looks like the 3 week cycle is maybe continuous after all (was originally re-set to 0 after last week's reward but now it's at 2 out of 3 again) - so extra reward is possibly still available weekly...

Checked my vitality page in the app - looks like the 3 week cycle is maybe continuous after all (was originally re-set to 0 after last week's reward but now it's at 2 out of 3 again) - so extra reward is possibly still available weekly...

It has been 3 weeks since the last "surprise" rewards finished, you are rewarded in the following week,

It has been 3 weeks since the last "surprise" rewards finished, you are rewarded in the following week,

Ok, I think I miscalculated.

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't seem to be a continuous roll over.

I achieved my 3 in a row, but the reward isn't available yet.

(team rewards end this week, I think)

Or maybe I am doff and don't understand this new system   :blink:

post-615-0-24600900-1509099465_thumb.png

No, it was me not understanding what I was seeing in the app last week! Also haven't received access to the reward yet this week.

It works the same as the team / individual rewards.  Friday is the last day to achieve it, but they allow a few days for peoples info to get in and only award it the next Wednesday so we have to wait until Wednesday to spin.

I almost missed mine as I forgot my watch yesterday so didn't get my 100 points for 10000 steps.  Needed 300 points today so had to go run in the howling wind.  Vitality Rewards works for me :-)

"Sorry Sir, I'm afraid you will have to upgrade your phone to download the latest upgrade so that you can get to spin for rewards"

I can buy a lot of coffee for the R6000 its going to cost me for a new phone.

post-15215-0-85393600-1509101478_thumb.png

"Sorry Sir, I'm afraid you will have to upgrade your phone to download the latest upgrade so that you can get to spin for rewards"

I can buy a lot of coffee for the R6000 its going to cost me for a new phone.

What phone are you on, and do you have the latest OS? Most probably an OS compatibility issue and not a device compatibility issue., 

Samsung S3 - yup the OS I have is not compatible. And you can't upgrade the OS so the only option is a new phone.