Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is this the same TWT where if you buy new tyres from them, drive round the block then go back in and check tyre pressure they tell you that you need new tyres? THAT TWT... ?charlatans IMHO....

yep. Notorious for their BS and utter ignorance surrounding tyres that they don't stock. 

I signed on in February 2016, so only have a few month left without having paid a cent.

Back then, the overall card limit was R10k. The upfront payment to activate the scheme was paid and then for some reason reversed, so I've yet to pay anything towards it.

I can't remember the minimum amount ever being a problem. The R5k you refer to is not "frozen" - but they can debit your card for the full outstanding amount should you default on the agreement at any time, i.e. leave Vitality = having to pay that outstanding balance.

I am in a similar boat, I am just not sure which month I signed up. I would love to get the iwatch 3 on a similar vibe. The wife has been enjoying the iwatch.

how is that Disco's issue? Sounds like a TWaT

I had to go to TWT because of disco. If disco was not in bed with TWaT I would not have to put myself through the pain of dealing with them. Also a whole new thread about TWaT was not worth it.

If you press "VIEW INFO" on the reward it will give you the list.

Breakfast Bowl

Power Oats

Smashed Avo on Toast

Almond Butter Toast

Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl

I want a breakfast voucher !!!  I love the power oats.

Also had the same issue with TwT a few years back.  Took the car in, was told I needed to change all 4 tyres.  Told the guy that the car was going for it's 60,000km service later in the week and thanks for the info and would get the Nissan dealer to check and change.  

Car went for service, Nissan advised plenty of tread left as part of the report.  In fact car went for the 75,000km service with the same tyres and did not need changing.

So yeah, take what TwT say with a heavy dose of skepticism!!

Anyone know when/if the Series 3 LTE version will be available is SA? I am due for upgrade on 1 December and would rather wait a month or two if I knew that it will be arriving soon.

I want a breakfast voucher !!!  I love the power oats.

Swop a smoothie voucher for the breakfast voucher

Pretty pissed by TWT/discovery. I bought the wife's SUV earlier this year and knew the front tyres were shot as its only a school van 99% of the time this was chilled. Needed to get the disco safety check done so called around and my local Dunlop centre beat the price of the other places easily, even after the TWT 10% discount. 

I always use them and they understand what they are doing. They put the car on the ramp and we inspected the rear tyres, them have an actual pair of vernier calipers that can measure how much thread is left. Had plenty of wear, but because other owner had not had wheel alignment done it had not worn evenily accross tire. The lowest tread was measured as well above the 4mm tread. 

Wife takes car to TWT and gets given a story that there is less than 2mm of tread and the tyres are shot wa wa wa.. All this apparently by just eye balling it in the parking lot. My wife told them where to get off and the dude passed the inspection for her. The dude then went on to point out that the tyres my wife had recently installed were useless in freezing/ice and were rather noisy. Luckily we dont live in Alaska and its a 4x4. *Rolls eyes*

Rant over.

Big discounts from Tiger Wheel & Tyre

Tiger Wheel and Tyre is offering PPA members excellent discounts upon presentation of a current PPA membership card. These offers are valid at all Tiger Wheel and Tyre branches nation-wide

So today I did not get a team reward even though 3 of the 4 of my team made their goals... so am assuming team rewards have finally stopped and we are now just getting individual rewards and the surprise reward every 3 weeks.

Anyone else notice this?

So today I did not get a team reward even though 3 of the 4 of my team made their goals... so am assuming team rewards have finally stopped and we are now just getting individual rewards and the surprise reward every 3 weeks.

Anyone else notice this?

yes. Team rewards came to an end last week

yes. Team rewards came to an end last week

That sucks!!... was getting use to 2 smoothies a week