Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how to apply for the Sports equipment reward thing where you get up to a certain amount to spend towards a watch etc?  Looking at one of the Garmin watches or the Samsung S3 and was wondering if this is available yet?

For example, prices range between R6 & R6.5K for the S3 Frontier, but it's just under R5k at takealot and closer to R4.5k @ Loot.

So, perhaps with some eBucks and putting the rest on the budget facility on your CC, you could possibly do better than the Device Booster option if it were available at Sportsmans or TotalSports

Edited by splat

For example, prices range between R6 & R6.5K for the S3 Frontier, but it's just under R5k at takealot and closer to R4.5k @ Loot.

So, perhaps with some eBucks and putting the rest on the budget facility on your CC, you could possibly do better than the Device Booster option if it were available at Sportsmans or TotalSports

Hmmm, so not really a saving from Discovery then..  :-(

*sportsmans

Disco is giving you 25% off. Not their fault that SW are ripoff artists... 

Sportsman's aren't the rip-off artists, they sell at manufacturer RRP..... sooooooo the brands are the real rip-off artists  :ph34r:

Discovery Travel Booster??

Whilst hunting the vitality website to try and get the "Vitality points to miles activated", came across this https://www.discovery.co.za/assets/template-resources/credit-card/travel-booster-benefit-guide.pdf

https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/card-travel-booster-benefit

This also new I think??... but seems to be the same/similar to points to miles wrt, vitality status/card spend/medical aid scheme?

I am 2 weekly VAR goals away from zero contributions made on my wife’s Apple Watch, and one cash-back cycle away from ending my Shoe Booster benefit... just in time for the new booster benefits - whenever that begins.

How was your Wednesday?

Edit: feels like yesterday that the benefit began. How time flies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Frosty

Question...

You do a race and you track it on your device...

You get the fitness points as per your device when you sync it. Then can you still get the points for the event?

Example... cycle for 2hrs at whatever hr for 600 points and then get the 300 for the race?

Or do you get the highest points for the day?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Question...

You get the fitness points as per your device when you sync it. Then can you still get the points for the event?

Example... cycle for 2hrs at whatever hr for 600 points and then get the 300 for the race?

Highest points for the day

Question...

If the race is officially timed, you can submit your race info, time, and link to the official race time (like racetec webpage) you can claim for an event entered https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/vit-partner-outdoor-sporting-events

Depending on the type of race and distance you may get more than 600 points

Edited by shaper

But you would then still only get the higher points for the day then?

If the race distance is such that you will get say 1500 points for it, you will be awarded that for the race which will be more than the max points for the day

Looked under timed events on the attached pdf.

vitality_fitness_points_table.pdf

Edited by shaper

If the race distance is such that you will get say 1500 points for it, you will be awarded that for the race which will be more than the max points for the day

Looked under timed events on the attached pdf.

Ok cool! Thanks Shaper!