Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

my car went in for a service yesterday... I was on 73 of 100km event free. and the punks got 1 harsh breaking and 1 speeding event :cursing:

The DQ track works with Bluetooth, so if your phone isn’t connected it should pick up - will show as used without phone.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got a nice surprise this morning. Had a look at my digital cards in the app an dI have 3 veda e vouchers I didn't know about. Plus my normal points. Please surprise.

The DQ track works with Bluetooth, so if your phone isn’t connected it should pick up - will show as used without phone.

I have the tracker unit installed, which works without the phone.

or thats what I think...

I have the tracker unit installed, which works without the phone.

or thats what I think...

That explains it then.

From my research, the tracker unit is for drivers without the phone app.

That explains it then.

From my research, the tracker unit is for drivers without the phone app.

You are required to install the tracker unit if you use Discovery as your short term vehicle insurance if you want the "fuel saving" benefit. Also on certain vehicles, the tracking unit is a requirement just to be insured by them.

got a nice surprise this morning. Had a look at my digital cards in the app an dI have 3 veda e vouchers I didn't know about. Plus my normal points. Please surprise.

Can not log in one my phone, no problem on the desktop but the mobile app not letting me log in.

You are required to install the tracker unit if you use Discovery as your short term vehicle insurance if you want the "fuel saving" benefit. Also on certain vehicles, the tracking unit is a requirement just to be insured by them.

There is a tracker that wires to the cars battery, you pay extra for this, it still chats to your phone so it knows its there, but does not require it. Its like r85 extra a month, which is a joke, if my car is stolen and used in a robery/murder/shootout, I dont want it back, I want cash. 

If you dont have that you can go for the free windshield mounted one that connects to smart phone. Got this and it works, doesnt drain your car battery but not always reliable.

There is a tracker that wires to the cars battery, you pay extra for this, it still chats to your phone so it knows its there, but does not require it. Its like r85 extra a month, which is a joke, if my car is stolen and used in a robery/murder/shootout, I dont want it back, I want cash.

If you dont have that you can go for the free windshield mounted one that connects to smart phone. Got this and it works, doesnt drain your car battery but not always reliable.

thanks, saved me having to reply to the same post.

I also have the windscreen device which only tracks my driving when the phone is connected.

so I did a gym swim over the week end and I didn't realise until I started swimming that the pool was a 20m pool and not 25m. So I did my session and adjusted accordingly to still do a swim just over an hour.

When I syncronised to movescount I edited the distance down to the correct distance I actually did. The time was still over an hour and my heart rate average was still over 70%. But I see it's not giving me the normal 300 points towards my weekly goal. 

Is it because I edited the distance perhaps?

so I did a gym swim over the week end and I didn't realise until I started swimming that the pool was a 20m pool and not 25m. So I did my session and adjusted accordingly to still do a swim just over an hour.

When I syncronised to movescount I edited the distance down to the correct distance I actually did. The time was still over an hour and my heart rate average was still over 70%. But I see it's not giving me the normal 300 points towards my weekly goal. 

Is it because I edited the distance perhaps?

I also battled to get a workout pulled through. Have logged it twice, but once I completed my IDT session yesterday, BOTH sessions will there. Perhaps that's your issue too?

do you need that transporter thing that you can get from Tiger Wheel and Tyre? I don't have it and only started using the Insurance last week. On the vitality app they do say I achieved 2 x 100kms incident free drives. Will these count? This is meant only on the open period they have.