Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

FYI, that doesn't work.  See what Shaper says above.

If you have a Garmin connect account you can import the .tcx file and then Vitality will pickup your Garmin activity and allocate the necessary points.

You will need to have an active Garmin device to be able to link to Vitality

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this.  I thought there was an easier way.  But I see their point if the file is tampered with they won't accept it.  Fair enough.  Just more admin now to take the Garmin along and record things there too.

If you have the time, fitfiletools does the trick.

FYI, that doesn't work.  See what Shaper says above.

I've imported .Tcx files from different devices into Garmin with no issues.

post-75287-0-57821000-1540280953_thumb.jpg

Edited by slickjay007

Yes the import into Garmin works 100% but Vitality doesn't recognise the activity even though it's now from Garmin.

Somewhere in the tcx file it will be listed as the recording device being the wattbike even though you imported the file into garmin connect..... and hence why vitality will not accept it as they do not recognise wattbike, like they do not recognise smart trainers.

Hence why I have said, take your garmin and record just the workout time and HR and upload that for the vitality points, you can always delete the info on strava and elsewhere after you have had the points awarded if this is now doubling up your workout info when you upload the wattbike tcx file as well.

Edited by shaper

Thanks for this.  I thought there was an easier way.  But I see their point if the file is tampered with they won't accept it.  Fair enough.  Just more admin now to take the Garmin along and record things there too.

I just connect my Garmin to the Wattbike, you can ANT+ pair the watch with the wattbike as a Speed/Cadence sensor.

Bottom middle of the screen you will see in ID, look for that sensor, pair and all watt bike data comes to your watch.

I was connected my Fennix 5 to both the bike and an external HR at the same time, not sure if all support that.

Yes the import into Garmin works 100% but Vitality doesn't recognise the activity even though it's now from Garmin.

OK so I've just tried it on a sample .tcx file which was manually imported into my Garmin Connect account. It looks like the reason why Vitality doesn't recognize the activity is because the device is not registered in Garmin.

When I edited the .tcx file and looked for a way around, there is a unique profile header loaded every time an activity starts which records which device is being used and who the device account is registered to. My sample file was found on the net so it picked it up as a different user and device.

I will just use the Fenix and record separately.  But if you don't have another device it may be worth trying Fit File Tools.com (cf Dexter Morgan, above) where you can change the device that generated the file.  Presumably the amended file will then be acceptable to Vitality.

OK so I've just tried it on a sample .tcx file which was manually imported into my Garmin Connect account. It looks like the reason why Vitality doesn't recognize the activity is because the device is not registered in Garmin.

When I edited the .tcx file and looked for a way around, there is a unique profile header loaded every time an activity starts which records which device is being used and who the device account is registered to. My sample file was found on the net so it picked it up as a different user and device.

I will just use the Fenix and record separately.  But if you don't have another device it may be worth trying Fit File Tools.com (cf Dexter Morgan, above) where you can change the device that generated the file.  Presumably the amended file will then be acceptable to Vitality.

Fit File Tools works great but not sure you can export from Garmin into a Fit File format. 

see link below about this topic:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/155094-converting-tcx-or-gpx-to-garmin-fit-file/

Edited by slickjay007

The fitfiletools.com changing of device gives an error for when trying to upload to GC. For me anyway.

Stuff I've realized on the Driving App:

I can drive at 8km/h above the speed limit without penalty

Roundabouts are points killers

Make sure your phone is in a position where it doesn't move around

That last section of road before you turn into Hoogekraal is a 60 Zone, who knew!

Got my first Diamond today. Now sitting on 1 diamond and 330 points. Seems like it's taking forever to reach some decent rewards...

post-75287-0-93359200-1540377946_thumb.jpeg

Got 25 and 30 from my 2 spins. Had a bad driving weekend, but this one stumped me a bit?

Where about on the app are you guys getting this info? 

55 points and another diamond. sitting on 425 and 2 diamonds... waiting waiting waiting...

Would have been nice if Disco allowed us to combine points with spouse. Wifey is sitting with 530 and 1 worthless diamond.