Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I got a new 44mm watch on vitality, the previous one I gave to my wife, really enjoying the watch vibe to be honest. A lot less phone screen time.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you getting money back for flight booster - keep a close check - my Wife was due R1200-odd back on the 23rd of March and I was due R800-odd on the 23rd of this month - no luck.  Took a few phone calls to get my wife's money paid with no explanation why the delay, but mine is still outstanding - even though the call was logged for both amounts.  This also happened to two of our mates.

I get the feeling that they don't pay on purpose and only when you query do they pay - but only after "investigating" for 5-10 working days.....

This is going to be the reason I leave discovery in the end. the 45 minutes of admin a month to make sure everything is paid, everything is synced etc.

This is going to be the reason I leave discovery in the end. the 45 minutes of admin a month to make sure everything is paid, everything is synced etc.

send to your broker to sort out. 

I wonder how many of Thier users have this problem, I've literally never had any issues with syncing or getting paid. I've not logged 1 complaint in the 4 years I been with them

I do, but then I have to follow up with her or have to check if its been fixed. Some stuff she cant see. 

I wonder how many of Thier users have this problem, I've literally never had any issues with syncing or getting paid. I've not logged 1 complaint in the 4 years I been with them

I'm a new vitality member since jan 2019 and they already frustrate me a lot.

They send email correspondence to other people instead of myself (how even???), almost one week per month tends to not record points properly and require me to perform admin to make sure it applies correctly, there were some other irregular gremlins too, but so far its been a lot more wasted time on admin than I ever anticipated.

I'm a new vitality member since jan 2019 and they already frustrate me a lot.

They send email correspondence to other people instead of myself (how even???), almost one week per month tends to not record points properly and require me to perform admin to make sure it applies correctly, there were some other irregular gremlins too, but so far its been a lot more wasted time on admin than I ever anticipated.

I have been Discovery a long time and with Vitality around 10 years, only had one issue a few years a go when they started syncing with Racetec that the points after syncing with Racetec would not appear until a system rest was done. However since then nothing.

Have had Shoe booster Apple Watch , Virgin active etc and they all work well.

Vitality/Virgin has screwed me again, getting tired of this. The do not seem capable of keeping track of my gym visits.

This, even though both websites show the required visits.

Vitality/Virgin has screwed me again, getting tired of this. The do not seem capable of keeping track of my gym visits.

This, even though both websites show the required visits.

That's just not on, dude.

Anyone know how much monthly commission brokers receive from Discovery for a member +1 dependant? 

Anyone know how much monthly commission brokers receive from Discovery for a member +1 dependant?

It's a commission percentage based on policy value.

Thanks...So for someone paying R5k pm for medical aid & vitality (no savings) how much would the commission % then be?

It's a commission percentage based on policy value.

for med aid, it's paltry. Between 50 & 90 or so per month per membership. We make most of our money from life policies (which is a % of the premiums, calculated over a certain amount of years and paid up front in a lump sum) and investments (% of assets under management)

Some brokers (not gonna call them advisors, cos this is a crap practice) still sell RA's and Endowments with up-front commission, which results in huge cancellation / reduction penalties, high fees and larger commission figures. In which case, the ONLY reason they're selling 'em is because the commission is much higher than what they'd receive on an as-and-when basis, for recurring contributions. 

Thanks...So for someone paying R5k pm for medical aid & vitality (no savings) how much would the commission % then be?

about R 90. Will confirm on my commission statement now

Max commission I receive for a med aid client is 108.99 p/m incl VAT, which means what the broker house actually gets is R 94.77 p/m once VAT has been stripped out. 

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

Medical aid commission is limited to a ZAR amount per member on the medical scheme, not a percentage of the premium. I think it’s currently R50-R60pm

about R 90. Will confirm on my commission statement now

Max commission I receive for a med aid client is 108.99 p/m incl VAT, which means what the broker house actually gets is R 94.77 p/m once VAT has been stripped out.

Thought it was lower, maybe I should start a MA book again.