Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Yip. Noticed mine disappeared. What a load of BS this is. Thinking of cancelling as I'm just not using any of the benefits. Hardly go to the gym, no Koo-haai at my local one, don't fly very much, blah blah. 

Exact same boat and to be honest will probably cancel it today.

mailed my broker last week Monday to raise my concerns, saying it doesn't seem worthwhile. Don't use the benefits as you have mentioned yourself.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a conversation with a friend who opened my eyes to Discovery, a bit.

Imagine, they are now a company that knows EVERY SINGLE THING about you.

If you have their banking, life insurance and retirement with them, along with Vitality.

They literally know what you earn, what you spend it on, which shops you spend at, what you eat, etc, etc, etc.

It's pretty damn scary actually!!!

If you have their banking, life insurance and retirement with them, along with Vitality.

They literally know what you earn, what you spend it on, which shops you spend at, what you eat, etc, etc, etc.

So does Google, Facebook, your bank, your chosen cell provider & phone manufacturer and so on. 

Used properly, it's all good. It's when that info is used for nefarious ends (Cambridge Analytica, anyone?) that it becomes risky. 

I understood that we have agreed to them "selling" our info to medical & related companies, and that's how they finance our smoothies.  That's why they won't give access to this data as they don't own it.  

So does Google, Facebook, your bank, your chosen cell provider & phone manufacturer and so on. 

Used properly, it's all good. It's when that info is used for nefarious ends (Cambridge Analytica, anyone?) that it becomes risky. 

Data mining is a lot bigger than any of us can imagine.

The big 4 banks in SA also have majority of their clients details, they tell you what you going to do before you do it.

We becoming robots.

Data mining is a lot bigger than any of us can imagine.

The big 4 banks in SA also have majority of their clients details, they tell you what you going to do before you do it.

We becoming robots.

It's all for skynet, relax.one day tha machine will rise and kill us all

I agree that it sounds scary, and certainly doesn’t appeal to some.

They already know my credit card spend, but I’m not sure if they know the rest of my spend (home loan, cash, other investments, etc.). At the end of the day, they offer something that I like or dislike. More importantly, there are other options available out there.

It's all for skynet, relax.one day tha machine will rise and kill us all

I, for one, welcome our robot overlords.

I finally reach my 500 point target on Wednesday and went to collect my Cape Union Mart voucher and it's gone.... I hope that some of my points don't expire before it becomes available again!

I heard that there are limited vouchers available for certain rewards. Anybody have any idea what the renewing philosophy/cycle is?

Edited by Grebel

I finally reach my 500 point target on Wednesday and went to collect my Cape Union Mart voucher and it's gone.... I hope that some of my points don't expire before it becomes available again!

I heard that there are limited vouchers available for certain rewards. Anybody have any idea what the renewing philosophy/cycle is?

Cape union has not being available for almost 2 months now I think.....

Cape union has not being available for almost 2 months now I think.....

It might be that your timing is rubbish; I got one last week. I do check quite often what’s available though

It was available last week when I had 490 points... :(

It might be that your timing is rubbish; I got one last week. I do check quite often what’s available though

Haha. Whenever I checked they never stocked it

On the same topic, I have not seen a Woolies or PnP voucher for the 100 points in about 2 months as well. At least the Dischem voucher is available still.

Probably the case. I have one R500 Cape Union voucher banked and was hoping for a second.

Will need to start checking daily...

Probably the case. I have one R500 Cape Union voucher banked and was hoping for a second.

Will need to start checking daily...

Me too... only a dismal spa voucher (for R500 that is).

Will wait a few weeks and check back for the 2nd Cape Union Mart voucher.