Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

How does this work in terms of providing proof. Do you provide proof of retirement savings etc that you have at other companies? Does your house repayment etc need to come off your Discovery bank account?

I have yet to establish this, but I suspect that a balance statement from the various investments/savings companies should suffice? A portion of my retirement investment is with Discovery and that was picked up automatically.

Don't know about the house stuff as I don't own one.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After restarting my phone this morning, I was able to access the game board. I then asked her to play for me, and got 25 and 30.

What results do you get if you picked off her phone? If it's good - your phone and my phone and a few other phones have the low score bugs

I'm going to come past your house so your wife can pick my tiles.

I've only ever gotten 1 x Diamond and mostly 25's or 30's.

I've also got 5. I spent 3, 1 has expired, and I have one waiting for a friend now.  :thumbup:

What results do you get if you picked off her phone? If it's good - your phone and my phone and a few other phones have the low score bugs

I'll quote NSBB's post a page or two back of it being "too much effort"...  :rolleyes:

Does anyone know the exact date when the flight booster will expire?  The date when the ticket must be booked by.  I can't seem to find the date anywhere.   Thanks

I can’t find the email, but I was sure it was valid as long as a booking was done before 16/07.

Does anyone know the exact date when the flight booster will expire?  The date when the ticket must be booked by.  I can't seem to find the date anywhere.   Thanks

From the e-mail:

The Vitality Active Rewards Flight Booster benefit will soon come to an end. Boosts will apply as normal until 12 July 2019 for any flights booked. You can still save up to 35% on flights as a Vitality Health member.

Thanks for that.  Am I right in saying that if a flight is booked and boosted before 12 July then the max of 100% can still be achieved (if the goals are met).

From the e-mail:

The Vitality Active Rewards Flight Booster benefit will soon come to an end. Boosts will apply as normal until 12 July 2019 for any flights booked. You can still save up to 35% on flights as a Vitality Health member.

I have yet to establish this, but I suspect that a balance statement from the various investments/savings companies should suffice? A portion of my retirement investment is with Discovery and that was picked up automatically.

Don't know about the house stuff as I don't own one.

i *expect* it'll be the same sorta thing as Waze / Xero and all those online accounting and budget tracking programs, where the more data they have, the more accurate they are in terms of reporting. 

Insofar as tracking an investment goes, there's a very simple way to determine how much money goes to what, each month. An Allan Gray RA has a ref beginning with AGRA, an Endowment has AGEN and so on. Easy. 

BUT it will likely rely on something in addition to the back end Astute permissions (which you probably gave, by the way) to determine what financial policies and instruments you have, where. 

My take on it. 

Anyone knows whether the new Suunto platform that's replacing Movescount is linked with Discovery Vitality as yet? My wife got her new Suunto 5 last week and it syncs perfectly with the new Suunto app etc, but it doesn't seem to be pulling through to Vitality :-(  

Anyone knows whether the new Suunto platform that's replacing Movescount is linked with Discovery Vitality as yet? My wife got her new Suunto 5 last week and it syncs perfectly with the new Suunto app etc, but it doesn't seem to be pulling through to Vitality :-(  

I contacted Suunto about this last week, seems like Discovery needs to enable the new integration.

Thank you for contacting ULTiMO.

It is correct that Discovery Vitality will discontinue the Movescount Link and replace this with the new Suunto Link as of 10 July due to Movescount being End Of Life.

Unfortunately, you cannot create the new link prior to 10 July 2019 as it is not yet available from Discovery's side.

All information regarding the move will most certainly be communicated, you can expect this correspondence directly from Discovery Vitlaity in this regard.

So, I guess it is a wait and see. Frustrating, as my Tomtom's integration also ends tomorrow.

i *expect* it'll be the same sorta thing as Waze / Xero and all those online accounting and budget tracking programs, where the more data they have, the more accurate they are in terms of reporting. 

Insofar as tracking an investment goes, there's a very simple way to determine how much money goes to what, each month. An Allan Gray RA has a ref beginning with AGRA, an Endowment has AGEN and so on. Easy. 

BUT it will likely rely on something in addition to the back end Astute permissions (which you probably gave, by the way) to determine what financial policies and instruments you have, where. 

My take on it. 

Thanks, I've mailed them with my queries but haven't had a response back yet. Will update once I hear something.

Thanks! Wonder how long that's going to take......

I contacted Suunto about this last week, seems like Discovery needs to enable the new integration.

So, I guess it is a wait and see. Frustrating, as my Tomtom's integration also ends tomorrow.

Yeah, I also get a blank page going to the Goals link.

I really hope that they implement a browser platform some time, I really detest this app-only interface.

Edit:

Actually, just had another brainwave sprung from my previous issues. When I go into the app on Cellular Data and not WiFi, things work. I have achieved my goal (Retirement Assessment) for this month.

So maybe try that out.

Edit:

It wants me to provide proof of my savings, but I can literally not find ANY place to submit these documents...

hbnQCHx.png

Update on this, there are now little upload icons next to the various line items. However, the app crashes each time I try to upload a document.

JkE8cco.png

AWESOME.

And I can still only access the Money Tools or Goals pages by being on cellular data. WiFi blankly refuses to work.

Thanks! Wonder how long that's going to take......

The switch from Movescount has now been postponed until next week, according to a reply to a comment on Facebook:

Hi ...., the new Suunto app will only be accessible from the week of the 15th of July. All Suunto fitness device users should please continue to use Movescount to track their workouts and earn fitness points. Please keep an eye on our Help page for updates. Thanks, DV.

(Why is the "lets keep quiet and hope no-one notices" communication strategy considered acceptable?!)

I'm not going to bother registering on Movescount for 4 days. So unless they've also messed up deactivating the Tomtom link, I will just not be meeting my Active Rewards goal this week. Luckily I have no boosters active, so doesn't bother me much.