Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Pity..very useful...it works great with the Samsung health app..we have a few clients that don't want to wear devices and don't want to buy devices (mostly older farmers)..this works great as it picks up steps from S Health.[emoji106]

S-health has direct integration with discovery, as does Huawei health app. Both useful. And the apps are not limited to Samsung and Huawei devices.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

S-health has direct integration with discovery, as does Huawei health app. Both useful. And the apps are not limited to Samsung and Huawei devices.

Good stuff.. momentum is a bit slow with that..so that's why they use FitVault for some health apps.

Fitfault is a lekker app for a lot of devices..all good.

Vitality active. It's a poor option with limited benefits.

Mr Capitan, would you be able to elaborate please? There's different types of vitality? I was under the impression that youre either "on it" or "off of it" :wacko:

Mr Capitan, would you be able to elaborate please? There's different types of vitality? I was under the impression that youre either "on it" or "off of it" :wacko:

1) Vitality

2) Vitality Active

3) Vitality Purple

now if only I had the slightest idea what each of these meant and offered ....

Maybe time to do some homework and to figure out if any of these can add value to my life ....

1) I use chronic meds ... previously this was a big negative on the Vitality system (some 15 years ago)

2) I do moderate exercise (some walking, short commute, Zwift, weekend trail rides)

3) my wife considers a stroll in the mall as exercise ... (dont you dare tell her I said so!)

yeah, there's Vitality Purple, Vitality premier (normal vitality) and then Vitality Active. VA is generally for group schemes who want some of the benefits of Vitality, but no premium. VP is more than the normal Vitality, and brings a few more benefits but you need to qualify for that one. 

VA is a really reduced benefit, not imo at all attractive if you're used to normal vitality. Benefits are as per the Vitality Active PDF on my dropbox.  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4o5n27anuilmhbw/AABqtSkUxbuQcbVE0nn_KFKba?dl=0

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

Thanks Captain.I downloaded the docs and had a quick look.

Seems Vitality and eBucks are on the two ends of the loyalty programs ....

Shell/BP vs Engen

P&P/WW vs Checkers

not to mention I am a Samsung and PC house, not Apple ....

PS - we often see on this thread how people talk about how the Vitality goal posts regularly move ... SAME applies to FNB eBucks !  You need to buy into their wider range of products to optimise the rewards.  eBucks works nicely for us, as we already shop and fuel up at their prefered providers.  So even though I am not moving my life insurance, investments etc, I still get my banking fees and more back each month.

You have to be on the black card to get the 75%

https://www.discovery.co.za/bank/discovery-banking-suite-comparison

Platinum card is 60% and Gold Card is 50%

Edit: Have yet to find out what the qualifying criteria is for each of the card accounts?

POurple card is the top one. Black is pretty easy, I think. Must be >30k per month or so. Purple, I know, is >2,5m per year earnings. 

For any Suunto users, you can now link the new Suunto app to Discovery.

Just keep in mind that the Email/Username field is case-sensitive, if you struggle to login and you KNOW it is the correct password...

Previously in the help pages, it stated that workouts back to 10 Jul would be pulled in, but I see that has disappeared now. Oh well.

yeah, there's Vitality Purple, Vitality premier (normal vitality) and then Vitality Active. VA is generally for group schemes who want some of the benefits of Vitality, but no premium. VP is more than the normal Vitality, and brings a few more benefits but you need to qualify for that one. 

VA is a really reduced benefit, not imo at all attractive if you're used to normal vitality. Benefits are as per the Vitality Active PDF on my dropbox.  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4o5n27anuilmhbw/AABqtSkUxbuQcbVE0nn_KFKba?dl=0

Thank you for sharing those documents :)

It seems like the VA may work out cheaper if you only use Vitality for the cheaper gym fees and not the rest of the benefits. I have some calculations to do!

Oh, and I also see the VA specifically mentions Virgin Active RED gyms (up to 50%) which are excluded from the normal vitality (up to 75%), as far as I'm aware of the normally assigned vitality

Edited by Dirkitech

Greetings,

CANSA Active would like to invite riders to Ride for a Purpose - CANSA Active at the 94.7 race. You can Ride for us in the Road and MTB race.

For more information please contact me: Liesel van Zyl lvanzyl@cansa.co.za

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Liesel

Greetings,

CANSA Active would like to invite riders to Ride for a Purpose - CANSA Active at the 94.7 race. You can Ride for us in the Road and MTB race.

For more information please contact me: Liesel van Zyl lvanzyl@cansa.co.za

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Liesel

Hi Liesl. Please start a new thread. This thread is for discussion discovery products and stuff.

You'll also get more hits starting a new thread as not everyone cares for vitality

Is anybody still doing their weekly active rewards spin? seems to have lost it's sparkle... Hope Vitality come up with a new idea soon.